How to Organize Your Layouts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Organize Your Layouts?

I was wondering for those of you that print your pages, how do you organize them as you scrap so you can print later? I've always used Artisan and each year has it's own album. I can scrap as I want and then move the page in the album so it's consistently in chronological order. I can't do that with PS and it's driving me nuts. Like seriously nuts. Like I'm about ready to drop PS and go back to Artisan it's so bad. What can I do?? What do y'all do?? Help!
    Save
    Save

I will be interested to see what other people do. I an not an organized person and have no method set up.

Comment

When I started scrapping I joined very quickly a CT and I used to save my layouts by designer name but after a while I started naming them by year-month-day-title (I like that because this order shows better in a folder or Bridge for example when you use name order). If I decide to make an album I want to see them in chronological order and since I don't scrap in that order but depending on what my inspiration is and the things I have to scrap I need to keep my layouts chronologically for when I finally make an album out of it. Does that make sense? lol.
      When I finish a page I normally write credits as soon I have it done so I don't have problems remembering what I used for that page anyway (because now I mostly scrap for CT purpose or with my own goodies).

Comment

I print individual pages rather than bound books, so as long as I stick the date somewhere on my layout, that’s usually enough to get it in the right order in the album. But I’m guessing you’re talking about bound books; maybe just add the event date to your file name?

Comment

I was talking about bound books Carrie Thank you ladies! This helps a ton! I think I will try your renaming technique Nini. I don't scrap in chronological order, but I sure do want to print them that way! I think this will help me move them around. I also think I will put them in folders by year since I scrap multiple years at a time. This was a great help y'all!!
          Save
          Save

Comment

Honestly, I made my husband build me an app to do this. I keep my PSD files in folders labeled by date, but I keep the albums (JPGs that will be ready for printing - but I'm mostly sharing online these days) in the app we built... it's called ShareMyScrapbook (www.sharemyscrapbook.com). We're still in beta but might be looking for people to try it out, if you're interested. We made it so you can rearrange pages so you get rid of this frustration.

Sample: https://www.sharemyscrapbook.com/albums/13/Life-2018

Comment

• IntenseMagic
              IntenseMagic commented
              Editing a comment
              That is seriously cool!

• mocamom
              mocamom commented
              Editing a comment
              Shannon that is awesome!! I'd love to try it out when it's available to try!
          Working...
          X