PSE18 Trouble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSE18 Trouble

I am having an issue with my type all being in caps. It doesn't matter what font I use and if I use the shift key or caps lock. Has anyone come across this issue before?? It is not my keyboard/computer because as you can see here it is doing lower & upper case. Thanks guys

Maybe it's your characters that are set to uppercase. Do you have a type box with 2 big TT cliked? Maybe that's why the letters don't change even with your keyboard.
    I can show you mine in CC but I don't remember in PSE. Let me google and look for a screen shot maybe.

Comment

Here we go. It should be a panel like this and you can see the double uppercase TT there? the first T is for bold, the second T is for Italic and then you have the uppercase TT
      If it is selected that's why your letters will all be uppercase. At least, I think this is the problem. Good luck!

Comment

• kimkern72
        kimkern72 commented
        Editing a comment
        I will look tonight when I get home, thanks for the help!!! I didn't even know that was a thing!! Mine doesn't look exactly like this but hopefully knowing that it exists will help me find it on mine. lol Thanks again.

SO when I used PSE (like pse12 ) If you opened at template that had the all caps feature turned on- there is NO way to turn it off in PSE and then it 'remembers' that setting. The best way to fix it is to open a template that has regular text options, so your PSE will 'remember' those instead. Hope that helps!

Comment

I work in PSE13 and this happens to me all the time too - so frustrating! It especially goes wonky when I am using a template that has any kind of text in it - similar to what AmieN1 said above. Usually just resetting the text tool will clear it, or resetting all tools, but sometimes I have had to close down my project and sign out of PSE and then sign back in.... It's a glitch I read on some Adobe Fourm a long time ago... Good luck!

Comment

• kimkern72
          kimkern72 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, AmieN1 suggestion above worked as well, as a work around.
      Working...
      X