How did you learn PS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you learn PS?

I'm going to bite the bullet and get PS since it comes with LR CC. I have resisted thus far because my Artisan is so very easy to scrap with. But now I'm finding there are some photos that I need PS to fix or play with. Since I have to get LR (my version isn't supported any longer!), I'm going to learn PS first as a photo editor, and then as a scrapping software. I am definitely a visual learner, and need a structured step by step instruction. I learn best with videos. I've seen Scrapaneers, Jessica Sprague, and Creative Live, but am I missing any others? Do you have opinions of any of these? I can only purchase one program, so I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm hoping someone has a sale for iNSD!!
    Save
    Save

My husband taught me a very convoluted way to get a photo to the size and shape I wanted (totally not the easy way either), but other than that I’m entirely self taught. There are tons and tons of tutorials online (including our own Tutorial Tuesday series) for just about anything you could want to do. I mostly use a plug-in (add on software) for photo editing, but I know Erin wrote a Tutorial Tuesday post recently about editing photos in PS.

Comment

Oh man you will LOVE CC! I learned by playing & practicing! I am a huge fan of the classes at Scrapaneers! There is a whole new series for beginners- which you probably are not a beginner- but I learn something every time I watch a lesson! Just watching how other people do things sometimes is helpful! :D Good luck & we are here if you have any questions- just holler!

Comment

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        I AM a beginner in PS Amie!! What have you done in Scrapaneers? I was looking at the Digi Academy class, but it's only one thing each month. It might take me forever to get through it to actually use PS. But I like the idea of starting at the beginning too!

• AmieN1
        AmieN1 commented
        Editing a comment
        mocamom At Scrapaneers it's called Digital Scrapbooking Academy. They are monthly classes but build on previous months. I also really like their Champions classes- while sometimes they are pretty advanced- it's cool to have the handout to follow along. I always learn something new from just watching someone else scrapbook too!

I have PSE and learned through Jessica Sprague classes and videos.
      Congrats though!

Comment

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you like these Stefanie ? So far these seem to make the most sense to me!

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        They were the only classes I knew about and they were affordable for me. So yes I was happy

My husband got me started with PS about 12 years ago, and when I say "got me started", I mean he gave me the program and told me how to open it and then said "go watch YouTube videos and tutorials" LOL So, that's what I did and how I found digiscrapping. I pretty much taught myself through google searches. Good luck with it! You'll love it!!

Comment

Most of my learning is self-taught and by asking questions in forums - there's no such thing as a 'dumb' question, because others are probably thinking it and just won't ask. I even PM'd a few people when I first started because I'd seen something in a gallery that I really liked and I'd just write and say, hey, I'm new to this, how did you achieve "X" look? I take classes now - still - but that's more to learn more advanced techniques. I think you'll pick things up quickly 'cause you already have a base to work from

Comment

my hubby taught me a few basics, and then I have figured things out as I go along, which is why, most of the time I am doing it the long way until some handy TDP tutorial teaches me better!!

Comment

When I first got Photoshop, I was so intimidated that I downloaded "Photoshop for Dummies", and worked through that and just about the entire Help file in PS! That was the first time I've ever done something like that, but it definitely got me started. I'm always on the lookout for tutorials - that's the quickest way to learn a new technique that's applicable to scrapping.

Comment

Self taught and searching for tutorials whenever I got stuck. The more you work with it the more you learn and the more you learn the more you find out that you really don't know that much after all LOL.

Comment

Thank you ladies so very much! I am amazed that y'all can learn this by yourself!! I'm going to make a list of all the tutorials on TDP blog and work my way through them sloooowwwlly!! I think it's going to take a bit before I can scrap in PS like I can in Artisan 5!
                Save
                Save

Comment

Working...
                X