OLW in 2018 - Yes or No?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLW in 2018 - Yes or No?

Are you selecting "one little word" (OLW) for 2018 to incorporate into your personal scrapbook pages ... and if so, how - random snippets here and there ... Project Life-style? I'm leaning towards P.L., as far as a style, but perhaps not a page every week. Still mulling it over.

My word? RESOLVE, which is defined as a firm determination to do something.

I am and did. (I even signed up for Ali Edwards' class.) My word is FOCUS, as in focus on what is important to me, what I want to accomplish/achieve, etc.

I'm not sure how I'll be working it into my pages. Even though I'm a planner, I'm looking forward to not having a plan and letting it occur organically instead.

Comment

I picked a word of the year for the last three years: "light" in 2015 and 2016 and "more" in 2017. I then used a theme of the month to focus on: more healthy in january 2017, love more in february, etc. This year, though, I have a hard time picking a word. I've been thinking and thinking and thinking... and nothing! So we'll see, if something pops up I'll be aware and notice, if it doesn't, it's ok. I have goals/resolutions in 10 areas (Level 10 Life - style) of my life, maybe that's why no word stands out, I have another goal-setting process this year!

Comment

I really like the idea of OLW, and I did do it one year, but haven't done it again. MAybe this year?! (although, probably not!)

Comment

I tried last year- and did keep my word in mind throughout. This year I think my word is NOPE. lol. I'm bad at saying Yes too much... nope sorry I can't do that for you because I HAVE NO TIME! I'm done breaking my back (literally!) :D

Comment

• Kat Hansen
            Kat Hansen commented
            Editing a comment
            I would love to see how you incorporate that in 2018!

• vrbarton
            vrbarton commented
            Editing a comment
            I think Nope will be my word this year as well! I'm just too tired all the time.

So interesting topic!

Comment

• Kat Hansen
            Kat Hansen commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Deborah - I see you're new here ... welcome!

This is one scrap project that I have never taken on. It just doesn't speak to me like all the other ones.

Comment

For the first time since deciding to do something along the lines of OLW, so maybe 6 or 7 years, I'm changing my word! My old word was EXPLORE, which worked great for us, and still does, but starting earlier this month, I switched to BALANCE. We've had a bunch of changes in my house in the past half year or so, and finding a new balance amid these changeshas been a struggle.

I will scrap at least one page explaining why this is my word for the foreseeable future, but more than that, I'll post it around my house so that I have it as a reminder. (And now I want to go trolling through the vintage markets looking for old metal scales to display on the mantels and other places dust collects!). Each year I try to do a monthly front and back pocket page with all those little things that don't make it to full 12x12 pages, and adding an update on how we're achieving balance that month would be effective.

Comment

Since this page has been swimming around in my head for the past few weeks, I finally decided to commit to it. So here's my first page with my new word:

Comment

• Kat Hansen
                Kat Hansen commented
                Editing a comment
                Great page - and love how you explains they why's and what for's on your word choice

I've done OLW for several years (maybe 5) and taken Ali Edwards class only 2 times. This year my word was Cultivate and I think overall I did well with my word especially in terms of creativity and growing my love of cycling. I need to do more work on my home and productivity. I'm thinking this coming year my word Act or Do. I want and need to finish tasks and move forward with things.

Comment

No. I don't actively choose a word. Some years I do find that I gravitate toward some "word" throughout the year...but don't actively say this is my word.

Comment

I am not officially doing OLW but I did choose a word to focus on- JOY. I debated between it and balance, but I think that joy can encompass both. Actively choosing joy will help me to not get down when life is out of balance, because that is bound to happen!

Comment

Last year I had thrive and (mostly) it worked for me.
                    This year I want to flourish - build off last year but with some additional swashes and style!

Comment

Yes, I have picked a word for the past 5 years and some years I do nothing more with it than created a pinterest board...lol!
                      This year I signed up for the class and am making my word a priority: Connect.

Comment

Working...
                      X