Project Life 2016 has been printed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Life 2016 has been printed!

A few weeks back I worked really hard to get my PL 2016 completed! I printed through Blurb which in years past I printed single layouts through Persnickety Prints and placed them in page protectors and 3 ring binders. I liked this method because I could print as I scrapped and not wait til I got the whole year scrapped. BUT those 3 ring albums take up too much space! I had a coupon for Blurb and didn't opt for the upgraded, thicker pages (I think next time I will which will make it more expensive). I might also consider printing the year in 2 separate books.

Now onto PL 2017! I haven't scrapped a single week! OY!!

I would love to hear your tips n tricks about printing and completing your Project Life albums.
    -----KRISTA-----

How do you make sure to take a picture every day? Do you find photo prompts?

My Gallery

Comment

• kristallund
      kristallund commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't take a photo a day but I do take a lot of photos. There was only 2 weeks where I didn't have enough photos to fill the 2 page spread so I combined them. I usually have a hard time choosing what photos to use and find that I use my iphone/everyday photos in my PL layouts more than my "good" shots b/c I normally will create additional scrapbook layouts with those.

Well done. I am hoping to finish my 2016 book over Christmas break along with this years book. My goal for scrapping 2018 is to complete the 4 incomplete projects currently stalled lol.

The best tip that I have is keep it simple and keep a simple diary just to record daily events or thoughts to scrap. I use a separate library in photoshop to store styles and fonts for each of my projects. This has really helped in going back to an open project.
    ]e

Comment

For the past 2 years I basically do a monthly review double page, and then single pages or additional double spreads of special events or important photos. It has worked well for me and I have loved the 9x12 size. I get the book printed at the end of the year - yes, it is hard to wait but it is worth it - the lay-flat style at Adoramapix is a bit pricey but really beautiful.

Comment

Thats awesome, yay!!! I have been doing project life since 2012 & have almost all of my pages printed (except for like 5 weeks to close out 2013! its still one my to do list...) I have been getting burned out using the project life app (I have been using it to create my pages since mid 2014) & am rethinking what I will do for 2018! I really wish I could return to creating my pages digitally, but I know there will be limited time with 3 boys in sports constantly and I still love this project so much I don't want to give it up! I just wish i could be more creative with the app...who knows what I will end up doing! As far as printing goes. I usually order batches of pages at one time. The last time I printed 3 months worth of pages for 2017. I love when persnickety prints has a sale, i tend to print all the things :P

Comment

• kristallund
          kristallund commented
          Editing a comment
          I started a few pages in the PL App and finished them off in PS. I kind of got the best of both worlds.
          So my Blurb book was $68 which is a 1/3 of the price of printing 12x12 LOs, right?
          Next time it will be a little more for the thicker pages, but still less expensive and takes up less space.

I have only unfinished projects. I need to finish my PL 2012 and 2013, my holiday book 2011, 2015 & 2017, my december daily 2015,2016 & 2017 (hybrid projects). I think this will be my wishlist for 2018.
        [ SHOP ] [ BLOG ] [ FACEBOOK ]

Comment

kristallund Wait. You're supposed to finish them?! Joking aside, I think albums like P.L. are awesome! I'm toying with the idea of using that format for my OLW pages this year. Maybe not a page every week ... not sure yet. Thinking I might be a bit of a rebel and do a 8x8 version, instead.

Comment

• kristallund
            kristallund commented
            Editing a comment
            It is rare, but once in awhile I complete a project! LOL

I am not doing PL but love to watch printed book. I definitely have to print a book with my scrapbooking pages.

Comment

Working...
          X