Photography peeps ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography peeps ...

I have some miles on a credit card to convert to ... well, whatever I want. I found a potential purchase - a new Canon lens. Any photography girls (or guys) have any thoughts on this one - Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens? I love how compact it is, and thought it might be a good basic lens to add to my arsenal. I have a 75-300mm lens already, so don't need another one of those (and I have a 250mm one, too, I think).

I don't have that one but like that it goes to 2.8

Comment

Pancake! LOL I shoot Nikon so I will be of no help here, but as Kirsta said, it's nice to have a fast-ish lens!

Comment

farrahjobling -- any thoughts on this lens? I'm thinking that it might be good for an everyday kind of lens, and with the 'pancake' profile, it certainly would be a good one to travel with ... plus, zero cost to me, since I'd be "purchasing" it with miles that I've already accumulated on my credit card! LOL

Comment

Hi Kat! I don't have that one...it's compact and light, great for travel. What body do you have? Full Frame or Crop sensor?

Comment

• Kat Hansen
            Kat Hansen commented
            Editing a comment
            Canon Rebel body - earlier model ... believe it is crop sensor

So the lens arrived yesterday - it's pretty compact. I think I'll take it out for a test run this weekend ... now to think of somewhere to go ... maybe the waterfront?

Comment

I can't wait to hear how you like it!

Comment

Working...
            X