Photography peeps ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography peeps ...

I have some miles on a credit card to convert to ... well, whatever I want. I found a potential purchase - a new Canon lens. Any photography girls (or guys) have any thoughts on this one - Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens? I love how compact it is, and thought it might be a good basic lens to add to my arsenal. I have a 75-300mm lens already, so don't need another one of those (and I have a 250mm one, too, I think).

I don't have that one but like that it goes to 2.8

Comment

Pancake! LOL I shoot Nikon so I will be of no help here, but as Kirsta said, it's nice to have a fast-ish lens!

Comment

farrahjobling -- any thoughts on this lens? I'm thinking that it might be good for an everyday kind of lens, and with the 'pancake' profile, it certainly would be a good one to travel with ... plus, zero cost to me, since I'd be "purchasing" it with miles that I've already accumulated on my credit card! LOL

Comment

Hi Kat! I don't have that one...it's compact and light, great for travel. What body do you have? Full Frame or Crop sensor?

Comment

• Kat Hansen
            Kat Hansen commented
            Editing a comment
            Canon Rebel body - earlier model ... believe it is crop sensor

So the lens arrived yesterday - it's pretty compact. I think I'll take it out for a test run this weekend ... now to think of somewhere to go ... maybe the waterfront?

Comment

I can't wait to hear how you like it!

Comment

farrahjobling -- I think this will be a great travel lens. It certainly has a much smaller profile and is really lightweight. The zoom capabilities are pretty limited, but it's so quiet - you don't hear the lens moving at all. Good, crisp, clear pictures -- this one I took inside, on a cloudy day. I had the light from the window behind me ... zero processing, this is just as it comes out of the camera. I love the depth of field that it created.

Comment

Awesome Kat Hansen I might need to pick that one up for my next vacation

Comment

I've been wanting a pancake lens for a while now. I'm glad to hear you like it Kat. I have a Sigma 35 1.4 so I'm wondering how different the photos will be? The Sigma lens isn't lightweight for sure so that's an advantage of the pancake one!
                  Save
                  Save

Comment

Working...
                  X