Tell me about your when?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about your when?

When do you scrapbook? Is there a particular day of the week that's the best for you?
    A time of the day that works or is there anything else that determines how many layouts you complete per week?

I was interested that so many of create layouts for creative teams and are mainly kit driven.
    Do these layouts ever get printed?

I find that I work best earlier in the week so my productivity slows down later & mornings is better.
    Posting layouts before I have had my tea or after I have had dinner is when mistakes can creep in. Spelling mistakes, typos or incorrect dates even.
    I also take more photos earlier in the week, unless there is a birthday or other event. Doing a project like a week in the life, I know that by Sunday I am tired of it already and if I take three photos it's alot.
    proudly creating for The Digital PressCo, Get it Scrapped, KimB, Monthly Chronicles, and LJS Designs.

When do you scrapbook? Is there a particular day of the week that's the best for you?
    A time of the day that works or is there anything else that determines how many layouts you complete per week?

I work 2 days a week (tues/wed) so usually Monday & Thursday are my scrapping days. Those are also the days I do laundry- so I'm usually home for most of the day. The kids are both in school all day so that's helpful too! Depending on what's going on for the weekend- I can also squeeze time in then. I also scrap a lot in the evenings after kids are in bed, but I try to spend time with the hubby catching up with our DVR if needed too. The nice thing about scrapping on Thursdays is I can grab the later submissions for the new releases for CT work!

I was interested that so many of create layouts for creative teams and are mainly kit driven.

I print every layout I make. Even if they are more artsy (not usually my style) I think it's important to have a physical copy of what I love to do! We have a bazillion albums! lol!

Comment

I work full time so I only scrap in the evening and on the weekends! I'm not a very prolific scrapper, so I usually create one or two pages tops each week!

Oh, yes, they do! Besides one or two pages each year that I don't really like after having made them, most of my pages are printable. They don't all end up in my albums (because budget) but I wish they could!

Comment

I have a little boy who currently naps just about long enough for me to make a page! By the time evening comes, and it is "my time" I am starting to get a little tired, and so things take me longer to do. I can finish up a page and post it in the gallery in the evening, but I know that if I start to create a page, I dither for too long about every little thing because I am a ltitle tired! I know that nap times are on their way out - eek! I'm not sure what I will do then, hope that his 2 mornings a week at pre-school are enough

I used to print all my pages out at home, but I have noticed that the ink fades, or the yellow especially bleeds, and after a while the pages don't look any good. So I have stopped printing them now. I do a yearbook, which gets printed, and I think knowing that that is all that is availble to really be looked at, has given me the goal to make photobooks of our family holidays - but it is now April and I haven't started that yet!! Soon!

Comment

I tend to scrap on the weekends the most. I have a long commute and long workday, so M-F, I'm usually just tinkering, checking out forums, galleries, etc. I don't have the brain power to focus on a layout and shadowing and elements ... and ... ! LOL On a good weekend, like when I'm really focused and don't have much going on, I can finish 4 or 5 pages, depending on what I'm working on (and how hard I want to make it on myself! I'm my own worst enemy ... like deciding to tackle a 'kitchen sink' challenge using a kit that has 100 elements!! LMAO!)

I used to print everything. I scrap 12x12, but print 8x8 as that's easier to hold - and store! I haven't printed in quite a while, but I might get there again with some album-specific things.

I lot of my pages are for creative teams, but I do purchase kits (yes, even here from TDP) when I'm working on personal projects.

Comment

I scrap when the children are at school and before diner time. how many layouts per week ? good question... maybe 7 per week but it depends of my CTs

​​​​​​​like Chloe, all my pages are printable but the budget... that's my main problem. by the way, each year for Christmas I create a DVD all the photos taken in the year and I create a little clip with all my pages.

Comment

Hi!! This is so fun to read about! Such a fun topic to post about and think about!

Now that we can financially afford to send our daughter to a longer preschool I have Tues, Thurs and Fridays to scrap about 4 hours each of those days. I tend to have a lot of projects going on so its not all pure scrapbooking. I also scrapbook in the evenings if I have the energy and anytime my hubby is off I try to sneak in some extra time. I'm a highly sensitive mom with a son who is going through some challenging things right now so any free moment I can get to recharge and refresh is necessary.

Well, I did a million traditional albums and they have taken over my living room. This was a driving force in my switching to digital scrapbooking 5 years ago. So I print books through Shutterfly, but there's a problem. Lol. The books I want to put together are so big they come out to a fortune I just haven't been able to squirrel away the money to get caught up on all the printing I want to do. I would say only 25% of all the layouts I've made are printed (if that.)

Comment

I get home from work and picking up the kiddos around 5pm so I scrapbook right before dinner. I am off every Friday so this is prime craft time!!! If I am up for it I will wake up early on Saturday to get a few designs in before the little people wake up and demand attention lol.

A time of the day that works or is there anything else that determines how many layouts you complete per week? Do these layout ever get printed?
                Per week - HA - I wish. I can measure it by the year. I print about 6 books a year on various projects. I design with a printed book in mind. It keeps me focus and I get my "reward" at the end which is SO worth it. I currently have a ton of credits to print loose pages, but I may never use them because I love having a bounded book and I like how my printed books take up way less space and are easier to manage in the hands of little ones.

Comment

I scrap during the day, usually mid-week the most. I scrap about 3-4 pages a week now. Used to be much higher when I was on CT's and not the designer. lol

CT pages I did not print all of them. Some were just for the creative release and requirements of the teams I was on. Now I'm much choosier when scrapping, like for challenges and such, that I try to make the page "count" so that I want to keep it for printing.

Comment

• Stefanie
                    Stefanie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That makes sense. I suppose if I were on fewer teams I would make more meaningful layouts and print more of them too. I also am ok with "just" seeing them on my pc when it goes into screen saver mode.

• Kiana
                    Kiana commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree....sometimes you just want to scrap pretty things. Lol. Stefanie
                Working...
                X