Photobooks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photobooks?

Where do y'all print your photobooks? I've always printed at Winkflash in the past because you could not beat their pricing. But they are under new ownership now and have changed some things (like their 12X12 books can only hold 50 pages/25 sheets vs. 100 pages/50 sheets like they used to). Quality wise, they weren't the best (but not terrible...they were fine for my needs), so maybe it's okay for me to move on! I do want something at least kind of affordable though! Suggestions?

I came across this pin a while back & thought it was great. She explains in detail with pictures what the differences are between all the different companies. I haven't printed any books yet, I've only printed pages to put in a regular scrapbook. But I do plan to order my wedding album as a hardcover 12x12" when I'm finished. Hope this helps!
    https://thedailydigi.com/12-differen...rinter-reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Scrapolina
      Scrapolina commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing the link! Awesome info!

I've only been able to afford ONE album, it is 100 pages and it was also through Winkflash. I had no idea about their change, so I'll be following this thread for options. I've been contemplating just printing layouts and getting a 12x12 binder like many do that way I could just add pages as I have money instead of trying to save for one album at a time.

Comment

I've only done 8x8 books through Shutterfly. I usually am able to track down some of their free 8x8 codes or find them through Groupon or whatnot. So far, in several years of doing them, I've only had one problem. One arrived with a dented spine. I emailed and the sent another one at no charge and I got to keep the damaged one. I haven't tried one of their 12x12 yet. I will have to keep an eye on this thread.

But on a side note, I was really mad because I'd bought $300 worth of gift certificates from Paper Coterie (who had books). They went out of business with no word and I am sitting here with $300 of worthless certificates.
      --- KIMBERLEE ---

Comment

I have printed through Shutterfly because I got a couple of free 8x8 codes. I :love: Persnickety for my single prints but have never printed a book through them.

My Gallery

Comment

That sucks about the Paper Coterie certificates! I was so bummed when I discovered they closed. I used them for tons of Christmas cards and photo gifts and I never even got an email that said they were closing. I just went to the site one day & it was gone. Especially since people had unused gift certificates you'd think they could give people some notice. 😒

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am watching artifact rising because it was given some great reviews by the ladies here. I am stalking them waiting for a sale.
            I may be printing just pages instead of a book this year.
            Does Shutterfly have sales at certain times of year?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrapolina
              Does Shutterfly have sales at certain times of year?
              They seem to have a sale every few weeks. Some are smaller (20-30% off), and others can be up to 50%. They also do a lot of free book coupons. I used to get emails with those coupons from Shutterfly, but recently the ones I've gotten have all been with purchases from other stores.
              (Updated signature coming one of these days!)

Comment

• Scrapolina
                Scrapolina commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for th info Rach, I will keep an eye out!

I've printed with Shutterfly. I wait for sales and coupons, and it makes the price so much better than regular. Great quality and great price after coupons, lol! I've also had an issue with one of my books, and it was resolved way above my expectations, and that impressed me a lot. I trust that they err on the side of doing what is right, and listening to their customers.

I've also seen Persnickety Prints and they are great quality too! I have not printed my own books/layouts there though!

I want to try Adoramix printing. I've heard only good things.

Good Luck!

Comment

I use Blurb...and always wait for a 25-30% off coupon...I've printed up to 420 pages.

Comment

I just used Artifact Uprising for the first time and got one of their 5x5 soft cover books. I just used it for photos, not for pages, but it turned out fabulously! I love the texture of the paper and the vibrancy of the colors.

Comment

I have done Picaboo during their sales and they always turn out fine.

Comment

I've had my three Countdown to Christmas albums printed as softcover 8x8s at PrestoPhoto (formerly Viovio) and loved them.

Comment

I have printed one or two with Snapfish - which was super duper affordable - and found that surprisingly good considering. For anything really special, I would use a photography album provider like Queensberry, but given how much I paid, I was actually thrilled with my last Snapfish one.

Comment

I've printed some 8x8 through Shutterfly (when I had the free code), and I like them. I'd like to get a lay-flat album when I print our PL style albums. Has anyone heard of Mixbook? They showed up with great reviews on a comparison article I read one day (I can't find it now... wish I could because they reviewed some others, too).

Comment

Working...
                          X