Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size albums (or pages) do you print?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size albums (or pages) do you print?

I have been printing off 12x12 albums for my family, but my mother-in-law would prefer something she can carry around in her bag. How small is too small? 5x5? 7x7? I want to be able to read the text and see the pictures without squinting Or do you have the ebook versions and send them out? My mom likes the ebook albums so she can keep them on her iPad. She's happy but now I need to figure out how to best my my MIL happy too
    Save
    Save

I must admit to also being a 12x12 girl, harks back to my paper scrapping days. The other sizes just feel too small.
    I gave my Mom a 4x6 photo album to carry around filled with photos of the grands, no mess, no fuss and cheap.

Comment

I print yearbooks in 8x8, but have been wondering about an easier size for holiday books (I am in England, not everywhere does square pages!), and also baby books for my parents of ALL their grandchildren. For those, I was wondering about have a full size image on one side, and then journaling, a smaller image and elements on the opposing side. I haven't actually tried it yet, but I was thinking that 5x7 would be too small for my usual style of scrapping! Have you checked which sizes you are able to print? that might narrow down the decision for you!

Comment

The vast majority of my pages are 12x12 (well, there was that one 8.5x11 book that I made for someone else, back in the decorative-edged scissors days), but for some reason I did my daughter's first year in 9x9 (actually, printed the pages in 8x10 and cut them down to 8x8, then adhered them to colored paper), and a pregnancy album in 8x8. I did a trip album in 12x8 that I absolutely loved, but then went back to 12x12 for whatever reason (habit? nah, probably because I have *tons* of 12x12 page protectors to use up). But then I did ....okay, I'm still working on it.... a Documenting December album in 6x8 and I've absolutely fallen in love with that format. But I got a new 12x12 album for Christmas, and even more 12x12 page protectors, so I'm stuck.

A couple years ago I made a little summer alphabet mini album, and another 'what I did this summer' mini for my son. Both went into cheapy 4x6 brag books, and probably would have survived fine, but my son still flips through them pretty regularly, so they're both falling apart.

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          hmm, 6x8 sounds like it could be a good size, best of both big and small!

Since I design my pages in 12x12 for me, I can also print these same pages in 7x7 or 8x8. I like the idea of some other sizes, but I'm not into rescrapping pages so I have to order another square size. That's one of the reasons I scrap digital though (besides not having to set up and clean up a huge mess every time I scrap!!) - I like being able to design all my family pages, then pick and choose which ones I give to which grandparent. I'm lazy that way
        Save
        Save

Comment

12x12 for my scrapbook LOs but photo books vary in size.

Comment

I think 8x8 would be best if you have journaling. But I was actually looking into getting my nonjournaled pages done at 5x5 mini albums.

Comment

• mocamom
              mocamom commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you seen one Kiana? I need to get my hands on one to see how the journaling looks!

• Kiana
              Kiana commented
              Editing a comment
              mocamom I haven't seen a Chatbook in person yet, I'm planning on ordering one with some non-journaled layouts next month.

I used to print 10 *10 square but have not printed since the company stopped operating. I have 2 photobooks just about ready to go so not sure where I will print.

Comment

I used to print 12x12, but switched to 8x8 because 12x12 seemed soooooo big. I have loved the 8x8 size.

My Gallery

Comment

• mocamom
                mocamom commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks!! This makes me happy that you like it. I'll start with this size for my mother-in-law!

I resize all my pages to print them at home with my printer. bu I don't print all my pages... last year I've done more than 500 layouts and in these I haven't count my project life and my daily december.

Enregistrer

Comment

• mocamom
                mocamom commented
                Editing a comment
                500??!! Oh my. I'm so amazed at your creativity! I could see why you can't print that many Great job!!

I print 12x12 mostly because I don't scrap in chronological order- but I place in album in order- so I can't exactly change the sizing now! Unless I started next year or something! I agree too about text & stuff! I have my albums in the living room shelves- so people often pull them out to look at. My mom does that every time she's here! I don't do anything online really, except my fb gallery.

Comment

8x8 is definitely my new favorite as well.

12x12 was just too big and sometimes I print 10x10 through Shutterfly. But, for my PL App pages I printed 8x8 and love it.

Comment

Working...
                X