Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your favorite photo editing techniques

Hi,

do you have a special technique how to edit your photos ? A programm, like lightroom where you first edit your photos?

Most of the time I only edit the brightness to make the photo more spectacular .
    If I want to make a sketch effect I use the free programm XN Sketch , or if I have time I watch a tutorial and make it by myself.

One of the editing techniques which changes the photo completly and I love is the dispersion effect and double exposure

What are your favorite techniques !
    --- ASTRID ---

I mostly edit in LR and use presets. I love Cole's Classroom and One Willow.

Comment

I use lightroom with some presets too. and if the result is not enough I adjust the contrast, the black, the white and the exposition. and mostly I work in black and white.

Comment

I use a Photoshop plug-in called Alien Skin Exposure 4. My current favorite technique is the Harsh Landscape tone filter.

Comment

I use LR and presets by Pretty Presets. Most of the time I just use a clean quick fix but if the papers lend me to do something different, then I do use some others.
          Save
          Save

Comment

I often just fiddle around with the sliders in the photo programme we have, but I also use photo actions (CharmBox Studio) - are presets the same things as photo actions?

Comment

How do you apply them ? I mean techniqually I know how, but you need the "right" photo that the action looks like it should. I canĀ“t handle this.
              --- ASTRID ---

Comment

well I have a couple of sets of black and white actions, some of them are harsh contrast, some of them are softer, so I choose which action based on the photo. FOr example, baby photos, I often use an action called Tenfer - it makes things ligth and bright, but with a soft bit of pinky colour in the black and white mix - hard to describe! Action shots of my son playing or something I would go for a more harsh and highly contrasting action. I think the colour actions work the same, I have a couple that are favourite becuase they lighten and brighten things up, or because they soften things in the picture. Often I try 3 or 4 actions, and just use the one I like best, and the good thing is that it only takes a second to apply the action, so it is no big deal if I decide not to use it.

Comment

I have some favorite Photoshop actions, one for high contrast B&W (and sometimes I'll bump it up even more) and one that bumps up color and sharpens a bit. To be honest, I haven't played around with the Lightroom presets too much.

Comment

I have ON1 software which plugs into PS and Lightroom. I use it more and more as I can fix photos with a couple of buttons normally. It really speeds things up if you have a lot to do!

Comment

Working...
                    X