Scrapping Style changes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapping Style changes?

When I started scrapping I hardly ever used templates. Didn't download freebies and it was rare that I even wanted to use them. They used to take me a longer time to scrap with them then without even with clipping papers and such.

Then I started where I'd use them for a challenge or every now and then if I saw one I liked a lot. I learned how to make them my own and got better at making them work time wise for me. But still wasn't too keen on using them all the time.

Now...I seriously can't get enough of them. I find myself looking for cool templates more than before and using them on a majority of my LO's now. And I'm like, whoa what happened to me, this template snubber....turned template lover. ROFL!

So tell me, do you have something similar with your scrapping style that you have changed over the years?!

I'm a template addict and that since I've begun to scrap. my general style has changed and I'm happy about that. before I used big leaves, big frames and my shadow were not realistic. today my style is cleaner and I love using papers elements.
    and I try some art journaling and mixed media but to document everyday life, I find this style harder ; but for playing and having fun it a great style (unfortunalety not possible with all style of kits)

Comment

• Kiana
      Kiana commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not a big art journal scrapper...it's a hard style for me to master. :D

I've been scrapping since almost 11 years, so you bet my style evolved! Thankfully! LOL Like Gaelle (although not as much) I've evolved into a much cleaner, simpler style. I wouldn't call it minimalistic, but I'm definitely not a clusterer. Maybe a paper-like style? I used to have much more "stuff" on my page. One thing hasn't change, though, it's my love for big pictures!

Comment

• Kiana
      Kiana commented
      Editing a comment
      I need to get into BIG pictures. I don't do them a lot, but love seeing them in the gallery!!

Thanks ladies :D

Comment

I have definitely changed in the past decade I've been scrapping (two if you include paper scrapping!). Thankfully I no longer shadow the heck out of EVERYTHING. I look at some of my earlier pages and cringe. But thankfully my kids like them all, and that's who I'm scrapping for so I'm all good
      Save
      Save

Comment

• Kiana
        Kiana commented
        Editing a comment
        And that is the main reason we scrap...glad your kids like them!

My style has changed for sure. I tend to stick to C&S style templates but now I like using all kind of templates which make me step out of my comfort zone for sure. I don't download every single freebie anymore. I just deleted a ton of freebie templates that I know I will never ever use. I have my favorite designers and if they have a freebie..I will most certainly download that but I've become very critical for sure

Comment

• Kiana
        Kiana commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here ... I definitely have stopped the freebie hoarding I used to do.

i started with templates. that's how i learned. i used to be very very clean and simple. over the years i've become more layered. i still love templates. they make scrapping so much easier!
      --- CELESTE ---

Comment

• biancka
        biancka commented
        Editing a comment
        They sure do !! Also when I have zero inspiration.....a great template can give me my mojo back for sure

So yeah... this year I made a wedding album for my husband for Christmas and even in that one album, I noticed my style change! It started out a lot more "cute-sy" and ended up a bit more elegant. In the beginning I didn't use leaves in my clusters, now I can't stand them without leaves. Lots of little changes over the course of scrapping this year! I also used to be an anti-template snob but now I think they're fantastic... just because they save me so much time!!

Comment

As a paper scrapper I just adored sketches and would always begin with that in mind, from choosing the photos and getting them printed to the completed layout. Through the years I still naturally lean towards a more traditional style but can do more artsy and pocket style pages as well. I still favour blocked/grid style template (I call them sketches on steroids) and we have some amazing ones in the store. I have evolved and am putting more into my clusters now, but still prefer multi-photo layouts and shy away from too much white space.
        Last edited by Stefanie; 12-19-2016, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I hadn't been digi-scrapping for very long when I became a designer almost 9 years ago. From the start I never used templates. Now I use them every now and then but a lot of times when I use them I end up trashing the whole layout and starting over without one. There are a LOT of amazing looking templates to be had, I just think I do better without a "guide" OR I haven't grasped the concept of making it my own quite yet. This coming from someone who doesn't take a lot of time to actually scrap pages though.

Comment

I think my style has changed, but when I look at my very old layouts, about 8 years ago, I think it hasn´t changed much.
            But few years ago I was very known as the girl with the pattern papers *hahha*. I have always choosen the biggest pattern papers. this changed definitely . Now I always look first to find a white paper. I love artsy , this means for me, brushes, brushes, brushes, blends, blends, blends, masks, masks , masks.
            I wasn´t and still I am not good in journaling. I never know what to write. And I don´t use private photos anymore. My daughter don´t make photos of her own and she is in this age, where they all think they are ugly and she don´t like that I use them.
            Templates: I´m honest, I don´t like them. I always have the feeling, it´s not my layout at the end, not my creation and not my idea. I use them if one of my CT designers has one
            --- ASTRID ---

Comment

• Kiana
              Kiana commented
              Editing a comment
              I just cannot get my head around the artsy style. I think it's my OCD that holds me back.

I didn't start out as a pocket scrapper but now 100% of my LO are pocket pages!

Comment

• Kiana
              Kiana commented
              Editing a comment
              wow that's cool

I've stepped out of my comfort zones, that's for sure....and I've progressed and very proud to say I can create amazing pocket pages, Clean and Simple pages, Clusterly-fooled pages, as well as, the grungy-alternative style. Oh and yea I LOVE templates...I think I'm a HOARDER...
            --- JENNA ---

Comment

• Kiana
              Kiana commented
              Editing a comment
              I think I am too...lol
          Working...
          X