Telling tough December stories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telling tough December stories

I confess that December's can be tough for me. Our daughter Sarah was born on the 9th of December 22 years ago and died on that Christmas Eve. I feel the need to include her in our albums and yet I don't want to be too much of a Debbie Downer.

Do you tell the sad stories too?

I think it is important to tell stories even when they are hard, and you do a beautiful job of it with this layout. No matter how much time passes, she will always be part of the story of your family. How sweet of your hubby to continue remembering her with the roses. It is a beautiful tribute. Hugs to you, Stephanie.

Comment

This is heartbreaking and a nightmare for every parents, so sorry for your loss. I love your tradition to think on her with roses
      --- ASTRID ---

Comment

I am so sorry and think it is a beautiful tribute and tradition to include Sarah in your album.

Comment

i just commented that you told this beautifully. hugs to you stephanie. i think it's fabulous that you've put this in your books. we celebrate my mother's birthday every year. it's painful and beautiful all at the same time.
          --- CELESTE ---

Comment

so sorry for your loss. it's good idea to give her a place in your album. send you and your family big hugs

Comment

Oh, Stefanie, I didn't know! What a terrible, terrible thing to go through but what a sweet way to remember her. And I think it's super important to scrap about the tough stuff too, it's part of our story!

Comment

I think if she is on your mind, then having her in your scrapbook is lovely, and just from looking at your other pages, it seems like you enjoy all the fun and bright parts of celebrating Christmas, as well as remembering Sarah. It is a lovely way to remember her!

Comment

Definitely she should be included! Hugs to you!

My Website

Comment

So sorry for the loss of your sweet baby. I definitely think that she should be included.

My Gallery

Comment

Stefanie, this is heartbreaking - I'm thankful that you are including her in your traditions. Sending you hugs!
                      *** Jill W ***
                      Save

Comment

Aw Stephanie I'm so sorry... that is a tough story for sure, but I agree that it's good to remember. My cousin Hilary, who was only 34, died very suddenly 2 Christmas's ago. I was in Colorado at the time with my in-laws and got a text message in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve to hear that she had suffered an aneurysm. She died the next day. My entire family was shocked beyond belief. There was no warning, no signs, she had been fine only minutes before. So last Christmas - the one year anniversary - was very tough for all of us and Christmas took on a much more melancholy feel. To make matters worse, my OTHER cousin, from the same side of the family, ended up in the hospital a few days ago. She's only 42. Suffered a mini-stroke. She's fine now but we all immediately thought of Hilary and prayed that the same thing wasn't happening twice. So I hear ya. Hugs to you on days where it's tough to remember things.

Comment

So sorry for the loss of Sarah, Stefanie, but I think you and your husband have found a fitting and loving way to include her in your holiday memories. Hugs to you.

I am a big believer in scrapping everything, especially the hard stuff. It seems to me that we grow more through the hard stuff, which is one reason that we need to preserve the memory. Truthfully those times shape who we are, so an album would not be complete without them.
                          Save

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Stephanie. Ten years ago, I was making an emergency visit to Australia to see my father, who was dying with cancer. He was being released from the hospital for a few hours so he could be home with the family on Christmas Day. It was bittersweet, lovely, and painful, all at the same time. I have yet to really record that time in a scrapbook page, so I applaud your courage to do so. Documenting the heart-wrenching stories can be tough, but I agree with Lorie, Shannon, and others here that those tough times are a part of who we are.

Comment

Oh Stefanie, it's so hard to scrap these memories, but I firmly believe we need to. You know I scrap the good and bad with Maddie, and I truly think it helps. Hugs to you my friend and know that you are amazingly strong!
                              Save
                              Save

Comment

Working...
                              X