• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photoshop shortcut keys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop shortcut keys

Which ones do you use the most? Let's share a few we use.

V = for the move tool
    Control + T = to bring up transform box so that I can turn or resize product.

Comment

OH! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Shortcut keys!

A few I use on EVERY layout:

v = move tool
      t = text tool
      e = eraser tool
      o = dodge/burn tool
      b = Brush tool
      (x while in brush tool to swap foreground/background color swatches & [ or ] to change my brush sizes)
      m = Marquee tool
      ctrl + z = undo
      ctrl + c = copy
      ctrl + j = copy new layer
      ctrl + v = paste (use shift also to paste in same location)
      ctrl + d = deselect
      ctrl + w = warp (I made this shortcut)
      ctrl + spacebar + click & move mouse upwards/backwards to zoom in/out
      spacebar + mouse click to move around while zoomed in (does that make sense?)
      ctrl + shift + [ or ] = bring to front/send to back
      ctrl + g = clip to layer below (I altered this one too- the default is ctrl + alt + g I think)
      ctrl + 0 (zero) = zoom (fit) to page
      ctrl + shift + f = Flatten (I made this one- since it was originally for some filter thing I never used)
      ctrl + shift + alt + i = file info (I think I made this one too- not sure! This is where type all my credit info & links)
      ctrl + shift + alt + s = save for gallery/export size

lol- I think that's all I can think of for now!

*In Photoshop- to make your own shortcuts- click on the EDIT menu then Keyboard Shortcuts- then you can find what you want to make a shortcut for. If there it is already assigned to something else, you'll get a warning to keep it or change it
      Last edited by AmieN1; 04-15-2016, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• michelepixels
        michelepixels commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh my gosh! We can make our own shortcuts in PS? Twice I've wondered why I have to go into a menu for something. I don't remember what those were at the moment, but when I come across them again, I hope I can find this post again! Thank you!

• AmieN1
        AmieN1 commented
        Editing a comment
        You're very welcome michelepixels ! Definitely makes things faster/easier!

*bookmarking this thread*

Comment

• bcgal00
        bcgal00 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, hopefully everyone will subscribe to this thread to refer back to these shortcuts. That is my intention. I'll be back over the weekend with more of my shortcuts. I'm heading out to dog-walk shortly.

I used ctrl & ' to turn my grids off and on, cause I like blocky layouts and things lined up.
      Sandy AKA SandyPie

Comment

• AmieN1
        AmieN1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh forgot about that one! Thanks for the reminder

• bcgal00
        bcgal00 commented
        Editing a comment
        Didn't know about that one. TY.

Thank you so much for sharing these as I only know and use a couple of them. I'm with Chloe, I am printing these out and using them. I didn't know we could make our own shortcuts, I'm going to make the "clipping to layer below."

Comment

• AmieN1
        AmieN1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm a shortcut queen! I love them- funny tho when I'm in different programs & my hands just naturally try to use the PS shortcuts- doesn't always go well!

Originally posted by SandyPie View Post
      I used ctrl & ' to turn my grids off and on, cause I like blocky layouts and things lined up.
      Thanks for sharing this one. I use my grids quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by bcgal00 View Post
        V = for the move tool
        Control + T = to bring up transform box so that I can turn or resize product.
        I didn't know about the Control + T. Good one.

Comment

Make sure you all subscribe to this thread so you can always come back to refer to the list of shortcut keys.

Comment

This is such a good thread. I use shortcuts but I am seeing a lot used here that I don't use yet. Will do now.......and I so subscribed

Comment

these are all really good!!! One that I use a lot but don't see listed is the brackets both [ and ], while in the brush menu it will change the size of your brush to bigger or smaller

Comment

Wow! I love this thread! I use most of all that you mentioned here, but I'm learning some new! Thanks!!!

Comment

I am still learning about shortcuts, so this is awesome. Thanks for sharing ladies.

Comment

I'm so excited I had to run over here to tell you all, I found a new one!! At least it's new to me.

In PSCS if you hold alt and click on the layer it will group (clipping mask) it to the one below it!! You have to be in the layers palette, hoover the cursor around the line between the two layers you want grouped, then hold the alt key down. The little pointing finger (cursor) becomes an arrow bent to point down with a square next to it.

I'm so happy, cause crtl + G doesn't group like it does in PSE. {{Happy dancing in my chair!!}} I'm sure there's another shortcut, I just couldn't get it to stick in my head, but now I have a better way!
                    Sandy AKA SandyPie

Comment

mainly ctrl+c, ctrl+v and ctrl+z

Comment

Working...
                      X