Look back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look back

How often do you find that you look back through your finished scrapbooks? I have been watching intently as Becky Higgins has been undertaking her Project Photo Rescue (on instagram & periscope) and it got me thinking that I do not look back through my albums very much. In all honesty I think I do once or twice a year as I print new layouts and log what I need to add to the scrapbooks. Other than that its not very often, and that makes me really sad. I do all this work for people to enjoy the pages & memories, and yet we hardly pull out the books and enjoy them! My albums are in a high traffic area of our home and yet they still don't get pulled off the shelves! If you do look at your albums often, what are your tips?

I print photobooks and I love to look through them. I do it about every time I open the cabinet where they are stored. I'm sure I wouldn't do it much more often if they were in plain sight, so I don't mind having them hidden behind a door!

Comment

My Project Life albuns we saw a lot, it's like a family time looking the albuns, I really enjoy it!

Comment

Finished projects?

The only thing I've ever done is print two quarters of my Project Life (2013) in Shutterfly books. I actually just looked at them not less than ten minutes ago, and flipping through was inspiring me to get back to it and do more!
        --- KIMBERLEE ---

Comment

• JenniferHignite
          JenniferHignite commented
          Editing a comment
          Most definitely, print those babies out & you will be inspired to create more!!! That's what I have found in the past and am finding lately as I look though our older unfinished albums!!

Every time I pull out the album(s) to add more pages (about once a month or so), my kids go through the pages one by one (and make up stories about what's going on in the pictures when they can't remember the event). They also adore old trip albums and their (very, very incomplete) baby albums. They certainly don't care that the albums are incomplete or that there are typos or the shadows aren't realistic.

Comment

No one ever looks thru my albums but my Alaska photobook that is in a glass doored tv cabinet in the LR gets looked at a lot. I'm not going to create albums anymore. I'll get 12x12 photo books made and keep them in the LR cabinet. Three years ago I started storing my LOs in smugmug galleries and when friends and family come over they sometimes will sit with my ipad and scroll thru them as we visit. So for me....online and photo books get a lot more attention than albums.

Comment

I do it from time to time. I like having a look on my old, even very old scrap layout ... and sometimes I laugh at my old lack of creativity or technicity.
            But each page created was done with love, great memoris and happiness. So they look all pretty however :-D
            --- DINA ---

Comment

I love looking through my albums and hope that one day they will be more appreciated than they are now by other family members. The travel albums though are looked at quite often.
              Save

Comment

we seem to look thru out Shutterfly Photo Books more than our scrapbooks. our scrapbooks are big and hard to handle.

Comment

Printed pages? Nope, haven't got that far! I have two photobooks which are loosely project life printed out. They're hidden away in the study as there's only one cupboard they'll fit in (the one in the desk where the computer should go but ours doesn't :-)). Kids look at them occasionally. I have 8x8 albums ready for some pages to go in, maybe one day I'll send some off to the printers...

Comment

I have scrapbooks, project life albums, and photobooks. My scrapbooks and project life albums are so huge that they are hard to handle so they do not get many views, but my photobooks are always picked up. This kids grab them often and guess are comfortable with the them. Thus, I only print photobook now lol. I will one day fill up my 12x12 scrapbooks since I invested in them, but for the most part photobooks are a part of our memory keeping system. They are all over the main floor (family room, and my studio which everyone lounges in lol).

Comment

Working...
                    X