Where do you store your scrapbooks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you store your scrapbooks?

Most of my scrapbooks are up high on top of cabinets and on the top shelf in the closet. I took some down last night and we flipped thru them. Love that! I need to find a more kid frinedly place to put them. We do keep out the Shutterfly Photo Books/Scrapbooks where the Kids can easily get and flip thru.

I only have photos books with my scrap pages in there, and no kids, so they are stored in one of the cabinets in my office and I take them out regularly. It's so fun!!

Comment

I print 8x8, so that makes storage a little easier - everything's tucked neatly on some shelves at my computer desk. I tend to rotate through things and look at them - sometimes for the memories, but also to scraplift myself when I need a little mojo.

Comment

Mine are on the shelf in our living room. The kids pull them out often- at least 1/week to flip through them. My shelf is almost at capacity tho- so not sure how that will work out long term...

Comment

Related question - does anyone print or save their books a full 12x12" size? I did that for a December Daily album a few years ago and while I loved seeing all the photos in that large format, holding a book that big was ... well, a little strange (which led to the 8x8" print that I now do).

Comment

• Hillary
            Hillary commented
            Editing a comment
            I used to print 12x12 and put them in an album too, but switched to 8x8 last year. They are so much easier to store.

• mariewilcox
            mariewilcox commented
            Editing a comment
            When I first started digi scrapping (converted from paper scrapping), I did a test print with Persnickety Prints where I printed out 5 pages in both 12 x 12 and 8 x 8 to decide which I liked better. I immediately picked the 8 x 8 since they seemed so big - so crisp and clear. The 12 x 12 seemed mammoth to me! I then decided to go the route of bound books instead of loose page albums because I like the neatness of them and it will make it so much easier for my daughter to cart hers around once I'm gone (or sooner if she wants them before that)

• chloe
            chloe commented
            Editing a comment
            I print 12x12 books, I love seeing the pages at their full size.

I only make yearly photobooks. I let them print at a professional print service. I'm still behind with making them... Still working on 2012 and yikes we are already 2016...

Comment

I print yearly albums in bound 8 x 8 books and they're kept on a shelf in my floor to ceiling open hutch in our living room. I also have several 12 x 12 paper scrapbook albums that are on the bottom of same hutch because they're too big and bulky to keep on the upper shelves.

Comment

I've got 2 bookshelves that hold 12x12 albums. I've got the majority of my books on a bookshelf in my living room. I've got my kids' little kid albums downstairs.

FYI ... when I was getting my bookshelves I had to have them made because I couldn't for the life of me find a bookshelf that held 12x12 books. Now .. if anyone is looking ... check Ikea. I just bought an inexpensive bookshelf for my son's bedroom and it happens to fit 12x12 scrapbooks. I just love it! If you're ever looking .. check out the Kallax at Ikea!

Comment

I have all of my scrapbooks in our library (which is really my office/computer area) on a kallax shelving unit from ikea! I love that they are all together and in a high traffic area of our home so we can pull them out whenever the mood strikes!

Here is a photo of my shelving unit:
                IMG_4933 by Jennifer Hignite, on Flickr

black albums | family, red, yellow, green albums | one for each boy, turquoise albums | project life, & lots of other random albums!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferHignite View Post
                  I have all of my scrapbooks in our library (which is really my office/computer area) on a kallax shelving unit from ikea! I love that they are all together and in a high traffic area of our home so we can pull them out whenever the mood strikes!

Here is a photo of my shelving unit:
                  IMG_4933 by Jennifer Hignite, on Flickr

black albums | family, red, yellow, green albums | one for each boy, turquoise albums | project life, & lots of other random albums!
                  Your shelves look so beautiful and organized Jen! I love it! I used to use all different albums when I paper scrapped. I've toyed with the idea of exchanging the old post bound albums and making them coordinate but I can't bring myself to do it. I can remember how excited I was when I chose each of the different styled albums and the fun designs so I can't swap them out. You were probably organized from the get-go I bet!

It looks beautiful! I just bought some Ikea Kallax shelves for my son's room. I can see them down the road. Some day I expect I'll put scrapbooks on them too!

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
                    Barbara Unzen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I meant to say ... I collect vintage cameras too! I love the look!

I just realized I created a page for the Cherish the Art of Scrapbooking challenge that showed my albums. I'll share that too! I'm more spread out with my albums.My current albums are upstairs on a shelf. My kids' albums from when they were little I keep on a shelf in my family room downstairs.It's fun to have lots of albums!

Comment

My books are just all stacked on the very top shelf in the closet. I do pull them out and read through them with my kids. They love seeing themselves! But they're a little too young for me to trust them with the books by themselves.

Comment

I have most of our photobooks in my studio on various shelving units (Ikea Kallax shelves, Ikea picture ledges, and Ikea wall shelves). I also have 2 scrapbook storage bins that hold about 10 12x12 albums. I stacked some photobooks near my studio desk, two are in the window seal, as well as 3 displayed some on an end table. Now in the family room we have 2 photobooks on the mantel, and 2 12x12 albums in our entertainment center along with one photobook. The memories are everywhere so the kids and guests can enjoy them! Most people grab a photobook before a 12x12 though. Here is a link to a picture of my favorite Kallax shelf!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSETNNBD...kellykeepsakes
                      Last edited by kellykeepsakes; 04-18-2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• kristallund
                        kristallund commented
                        Editing a comment
                        love this! beautiful room!!
                    Working...
                    X