Alpha question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha question

How important are alphas to you? I never really use them as I prefer word art and journal cards to titles, but I am wondering if they are must for anyone. And if they are, why? This curious mind wants to know.

I like a great, versatile alpha (stamped ones especially) but, like you, I find myself leaning more towards word arts for my annual albums (and trip albums too, where appropriate). In the grand scheme, I'd rather have great papers that I can turn into alphas, and I will admit, I've never purchased a kit just for an alpha.

Comment

I love alphas, they are a huge weakness of mine to have but I have so many I don't tend to use them cause I don't know what I have

Comment

I absolutely love alphas and have my favourites that I go back to time and time again. At the moment anything in gold stamping will draw me to a kit. Word art or alpha I just love gold letters. And if truth be told I have bought kits just for the alpha at times....
        [img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com

Comment

I don't use them, or rarely !!! I prefer wordarts !
          ----- FRANCE -----

Comment

I love alphas!!

Comment

I do use them (usually one letter or a short word) but tend to use fonts or word arts more often. As Carrie said, I like the versatile ones rather than specific seasonal/event ones.

Comment

I am not really an alpha-user naturally! I love the way they look when other people use them, but in general I don't always/often have a title in my page, so I don't tend to use alphas. I have made an effort to use them more from time to time, but still, in default mode, I don't much!

Comment

Oh I love alpha's! The big bold ones, tiny typewriter ones, stamps etc. I love em all lol so yep not really a help am I except a good alpha can add so much to the value of a kit IMO

Comment

• Lorie
                    Lorie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You make fabulous alphas!

• chloe
                    chloe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree with Lorie, your alphas are fab!!

• marikoegelenberg
                    marikoegelenberg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    at thank you ladies!

I'm middle of the road kind of gal. If I find some unique alpha, I use them for big bold titles on my page. But I have to admit handwritten word arts are my weakness
                  --- SHIVANI ---

Comment

i'm not really a alpha user. If I ever do use its the stamped ones. I tend to lean towards wordarts for titles or none at all. Alphas frankly are too time consuming and too much work.

Comment

I'm disappointed when a kit doesn't include an alpha. I love them, and prefer them for my titles.

For anyone who finds it hard to keep track of their alphas, I suggest making the folder icon be one of the letters. Instead of the blue folder icon, all my alpha folders are images of the letter A from the alpha contained within. I think if you use a PC you only have to change the name of the file you want to be the icon to "folder." I use a Mac and explain the steps in this blog post I wrote a couple of years ago. It's easy and I do it for kits and other items, not just alphas, as part of my process of filing newly downloaded stuff.

My Website

Comment

• chloe
                        chloe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's a good tip!! I have a "product type" category in ACDSee so I tag all my alphas (even those within the kits) so that I can find them easily!

I rarely use them. But when I do, I like an alpha that matches the kit.

Comment

As a scrapper I rarely use them although I want to see at least one included in a kit in case there isn't a good word art or something for a title. As a designer they are always included.

Comment

i love 'em and always include a set in my kits.

Comment

• gracelee
                            gracelee commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I love your alphas! A lot of them are my go-to: the gold wire one and the Summerific wood chip ones are my fave. I've bought a lot of your kits just for the alphas!
                        Working...
                        X