QR codes and video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QR codes and video

Hey girls! Today on the blog I shared a tutorial on how to add video to your memory keeping, and I thought it'd be nice to have a place to chat about it and ask any question you might have. So here ya go! Hope you'll like the tutorial!

Great article on the blog! I know nothing about this and have never done it, so thx for the info.

Comment

• chloe
      chloe commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome, I hope you'll try, it's fun!

I have done this a few times, but need to include more videos. My kiddos love watching themselves when they were younger. Great tutorial!
    --- KATIE ---

Comment

• chloe
      chloe commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Katie! Kids DO love to watch themselves, no matter if the images are still or not! LOL

It's awesome! I only wish we could be sure the codes would still work in a few decades. I wouldn't make this my only way of preserving my videos. Not that CDs or DVDs are certain to be usable in a few decades either. I think we have to keep our home videos in a basic digital format and backed up, and update them whenever technology advances. For example, I've been meaning to look for the DVD copy I think my husband made of our wedding VHS video, to make sure we still have it, and then make a digital copy to save on my EHD and back up with all my other photos and videos on Smugmug and Backblaze. We don't even have a way to play VHS tapes anymore!

My Website

Comment

I know, Michele! Technology gets outdated so quickly, when you think of it, it's crazy! Those videos are hosted somewhere online so they should still be readable even if the QR codes aren't, but they aren't as important as a wedding video! That I would definitely back up in multiple locations, online and physical, so that you always have a copy available somewhere.

That's for this very reason that I urge my photography clients to get physical pictures and not just the jpg images. DVDs and USB keys can get lost or damaged / unreadable, but professionally printed photographs can last for decades when cared for properly. Unfortunately you can't do the same with video!

Comment

I've used the QR codes for more than just videos of my kids- I did a layout about the song I'm named after so it linked to the song on youtube I need to use them more- I think it's such a fun way to get those videos seen!

Comment

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a great idea! Now I'm curious to know which song it was! LOL

• AmieN1
          AmieN1 commented
          Editing a comment
          chloe "Amie" by pure prairie league

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          Had to check it out! It's so country, I love it!!

thanks !
        ----- FRANCE -----

Comment

My only issue with using QR codes in a layout is if it becomes invalid in the future. Does anyone have thoughts on that? I'd really hate to put one on my page and YouTube goes away (yeah, not likely, but you get my thought). Then I'd have this weird thing there on the page...

Comment

• chloe
            chloe commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it would be more likely that the qr-code-reading apps disappear than YouTube going away, but I get the idea. I don't think it's very likely in the next years, so it's a risk I'm willing to take. And if my great-great-great-grand-children once heritate those albums, they'll have much more to wonder about than QR codes: "What, you mean they had to lace up their shoes themselves?? And cars didn't fly??? How's that even possible?" LOL

I have added QR codes to my pages a few time. I really should do it more often. I love it! Thanks for sharing a how to on the blog!
          Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
          Save

Comment

• chloe
            chloe commented
            Editing a comment
            YW! It's such an awesome little tool!
        Working...
        X