NSD CHALLENGE | Slow Scrap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSD CHALLENGE | Slow Scrap

Who's in the mood for a good ol' slooooow scrap?

I think this is perfectly suited to our "new normal", slowing down and maintaining a healthier pace in life.

So, without further ado, here are your instructions for your page or hybrid project:

1. Choose a background paper.

2. This page is all about the strips - paper (patterned or plain, torn or straight), ribbon, scallops, trim. To your heart's content! I want to see 13-15 strips across your page, nearly filling the background. Choose a direction - horizontal, diagonal, vertical, and layer your strips.

1b. Optional extra: You may add up to 3 strips of ricrac if you want to.

2. Photo's - two of them, or a photo and a journal card. Slightly overlapping each other, touching about 10 of your background strips.

3. Add at least one frame.

4. Create an element cluster on one side of your photo's.

5. Add 2 word art strips somewhere on the page.

6. Time to title! Add a large title on the side / top / bottom of your page, in the same direction as your background strips.

7. Add at least 2 rows of stitching to anchor some of your background strips.

8. In my opinion, no page is complete without a small scatter of sorts. Add some scattered elements!

You now have 24 hours to complete your page or project using 100% The Digital Press goodies! Please post your page here no later than Sunday 5/3 at 2:00pm ET.

I will post my page at the end of the challenge - I can't wait to see all the different interpretations!

Here's my page, using the gorgeous template by Akizo and goodies by ninigoesdigi:

The rules of the challenge:
    1. Your layout must use 100% TDP products.
    2. You must follow the directions set out above to create your page or project.
    3. You must post your layout in the TDP gallery and then start a post in this thread with the image (and link it to the gallery post).
    4. Your layout must be posted in this thread no later than 2:00pm ET on Sunday 5/3 to be eligible to win one of the CHOOSE YOUR OWN PRIZE awards (don't forget to visit that thread which is COMING SOON, and put your prize choices in rank order!). Winners will be announced in the TDP newsletter on Friday 5/8.
    Last edited by christellevandyk; 05-04-2020, 04:02 PM.

Sounds like fun...be back with a LO.

Last edited by Route66; 05-02-2020, 08:30 PM.
    Karen

Comment

• christellevandyk
      christellevandyk commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't wait to see your page Karen!

oooo this sounds definitely do-able. Guess what I will be doing in the morning... hehehe. Off to bed right now.

Comment

Got 'er Done!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looking good ladies! Thanks for playing along!

Comment

Got my layout done eventually... hopefully still in time.

Comment

• christellevandyk
                christellevandyk commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautiful page Cathy! Thanks for playing!

40 minutes left to get your pages in for this challenge!

Comment

I hope i'm not too late. It was not easy as i'm not used to have so many elements on a page

Proudly creating for Anita Designs - Designed by Irma - Dunia Designs - Monthly Chronicles and Rachel Etrog Designs

Comment

Such fun pages. I was sorry to have missed it.

Comment

Comment

{Also added to the first post}

Here's my page, using the gorgeous template by Akizo and goodies by ninigoesdigi:

Comment

Working...
                      X