NSD CHALLENGE | Stuck In The House

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSD CHALLENGE | Stuck In The House

Hi everyone! Happy NSD Weekend! We have loads of games and challenges planned for this weekend, so I hope that you stick around! Event weeks here at TDP are always sooo fun, so lets get geared up for some more!

I am here to introduce you to one of today's challenges. If you have been around for the last few NSD or DSD events, you will recognize the general concept of this challenge because I have hosted the "Stuck In the Middle", "Stuck On the Edge", "Stuck On A Circle", "Stuck In A Grid", and "Stuck In A Stack" challenges during those events. For NSD this year I picked "STUCK IN THE HOUSE" because we all are, and what would be more fitting?!

For this challenge participants must create a layout on which every item used on the page must be in/on a house shape. Participants can create their house out of anything they like -- photos, papers, elements... etc. (be creative!) -- so long as the basic shape of a house is totally recognizable and clear. And then... EVERY item that goes onto the layout must be touching that house. Your house can be any size you desire but it must be visible and easy to locate.

Here is my example:

(Credits -- Slightly Off - Elements, Papers, and Alpha | by Dawn by Design, Rejuvenate - Alpha | by Dawn by Design, Big Stamped Alpha Vol.2 | by WM[squared] Designs, and my house shapes are from onlinewebfonts.com)

The rules of the challenge:
    1. Your layout must use 100% TDP product.
    2. Every item used on the page must be touching your HOUSE.
    3. You must post your layout in the TDP gallery and then start a post in this thread and link up the image (and link it to the gallery post).
    4. Your layout must be posted in this thread no later than 11:59pm PT on Wed 5/6 in order to be eligible to win one of the CHOOSE YOUR OWN PRIZE awards (don't forget to visit that thread which is COMING SOON, and put your prize choices in rank order!). Winners will be announced in the TDP newsletter on Friday 5/8.
    Last edited by Hillary; 05-01-2020, 11:22 AM.

oooo what a fun idea indeed... best I go scrounge up a house and get scrapping.

Comment

here is mine! I felt like it was easy to see the house (it goes down to the top of the "school at home title) - but maybe it isn't as obvious as I thought!?

Comment

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        I see it!

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        I can see it, you're good. Thanks for playing along, Corrin!

• Dalis
        Dalis commented
        Editing a comment
        This is so cute!!!!

This challenged me -- in a good way. Thanks for the inspiration! (I will probably go back and add journaling below HOUSE when I print it.)

Comment

• Stefanie
        Stefanie commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the way you did that, super fun take on this challenge.

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        I love how you made your house to look like your house! Thanks for playing!

My submission
      Last edited by Gonzo; 05-02-2020, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh no! I hope that didn't cost too much to fix. Thanks for joining in.

• Dalis
        Dalis commented
        Editing a comment
        OMG!!!!!!!!!! The pipes burst, huh?

This is my version:

Comment

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        I love that you used a big picture for your house shape, and the story behind it is perfect. It's always sad to let homes with so much history go.

I used the blueprints from our new home build to create my background paper so that anything I placed on the page was touching a house shape. I also created the wire house to include in my clusters to carry on the theme on my page.

Last edited by mom2my2monkeys; 05-04-2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        What as unique take on the challenge. Thanks for playing!

Hopefully this works and you can see my "house". I used a template with the three photos as the structure and added stitching to create a roof. I realise the tag at the top right doesn't exactly touch the house (as per the rules) but it worked better there than tucked under the photos where I first put it.

Comment

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        That works! Thanks for playing!

OK, here is my home on wheels. LOL

http://
      Last edited by lauriezyskind; 05-06-2020, 04:36 AM.

Comment

• Hillary
        Hillary commented
        Editing a comment
        Love it! What a unique take on the challenge!
    Working...
    X