X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat Hansen
    started a topic NSD CHALLENGE | ARRANGED MARRIAGE

NSD CHALLENGE | ARRANGED MARRIAGE

Hi everyone! Kat here. Are you having a great NSD day? (gee, that sounds a little redundant when you say it out in full, doesn’t it? LOL). I’m here to bring you a challenge called Arranged Marriage, a template challenge.

Anyone who knows me or has come to know me around digi circles over the past 10+ years will know that I love using templates. There are always so many things you can do with them. You can add things, delete elements or, what we’re going to do in this challenge, combine templates to create something new.

Some of the best unions in the world come from arranged marriages, and we’re applying that idea to this challenge! To play along, simply pick two templates from the TDP store and “marry” them together on a single page.
    A great marriage doesn’t happen when the “perfect couple” gets together.
    It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learns to enjoy each other’s differences.

Two souls but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one.

If you’re a little apprehensive about trying this and don’t know where to start, I’d recommend picking templates created by the same designer. Want a real challenge? Pick templates from designers with completely different styles!

Here’s the page I did, which combines following two templates from Cornelia’s Designs’ Beautiful Day pack (now retired); kit is Wildflowers, a collab. by Anita Designs and Rachel Etrog Designs. Can you see what I did with the templates? Hint: The second one was flipped horizontally and rotated.

Looking for another example? Check this one out from the TDP blog.

Can't wait to see what you create with an "arranged marriage" of your own!

Here are the rules for this challenge:
    • Your creation must be a new project (digital or hybrid) that uses 2 templates.
    • You must use 100% TDP products.
    • Your layout must be posted in this thread no later than 11:59pm PT on Wed 5/8 in order to be eligible to win one of the CHOOSE YOUR OWN PRIZE awards (don't forget to visit that thread HERE and put your prize choices in rank order!). Winners will be announced in the TDP newsletter on Friday 5/10.
    • Most of all ... have fun!
    Last edited by Kat Hansen; 05-04-2019, 04:13 AM.

• immaculeah
    replied
    Here is my take. I combined two templates from Quickscraps vol. 18 by Anita Designs.

Leave a comment:

• Kat Hansen
    replied
    These are all fabulous pages - great job everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    Fantastic take on a grid design!

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    When I grow up, I want to be able to use alphas like you do. Sorry it was a disappointing hike

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    As someone who totally loves patterned papers ... *sigh* Love how you combined curved elements with the straight-edged ones.

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, what a view!!

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    Great page! Those templates are so very different - I was wondering how you might make that work.

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    Love that you chose two different designers - and you wouldn't know from the page you created. Well done. Love the simplicity of that title.

• barbaraj
    replied
    I used the 2 templates in Go Play Collab

Leave a comment:

• caliten
    replied
    I combined two different templates (about half of each, and both rotated, one also flipped) from Cornelia's The Simple Way template series (V1 and V3):

Leave a comment:

• catgoddess
    replied
    Here is mine. Thanks for the challenge!
    Templates mashed-up:
    Fortunate Template by The Digital Press Design Team {rotated}
    All Laid Out Vol 9 by Dawn by Design {adjusted to center}

Leave a comment:

• Swtonscrappn
    replied
    Used Laid Out 7 Template + Standout V. 2 Template #1

[/IMG][/IMG]

My Layout:
    Last edited by Swtonscrappn; 05-04-2019, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nanascrapper
    replied
    I used template Simply me 2 and Legacy 2 both by Callista
    http://shop.thedigitalpress.co/Simply-Me-Template.html

http://shop.thedigitalpress.co/Legacy-Templates.html

Last edited by nanascrapper; 05-04-2019, 08:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jang
    replied
    I used a Make it Count template by Anita Designs and a template from TDP's The Good Life.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X