X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat Hansen
    started a topic NSD CHALLENGE | SLOW SCRAP INSTRUCTIONS

NSD CHALLENGE | SLOW SCRAP INSTRUCTIONS

Hi Everyone – and Happy [Inter]National Scrapbooking Day! A day when all chores just get set aside, family must fend for themselves, and our butts get numb from sitting on a chair in front of the computer from sun up to sun down. It’s also Cinco De Mayo today – happy coincidence or what?!

So here we are for our Slow Scrap challenge. With so many things going on around digi-land today (well, for the past couple of days), we decided to combine some chatting with scrapping, but give you plenty of time to complete a layout … a full 24 hours. In the next post, I’ll give you the supply list for your page, and then the instructions. Once you’re done, post your layout in the gallery, and come back to this thread and links us up – I’d love to see how your pages come out compared to mine! I’ll post my page at the end of the challenge, tomorrow afternoon. If your page doesn’t look like mine, don’t panic! Instructions are always open to interpretation, and everyone’s scrapping style is different. I've also been known to get my left and right mixed up.

Everyone who completes a layout for this challenge, posts it in the gallery and links us up in this thread will be eligible for one of the “Choose Your Own” prizes. If you haven’t see what these are, go take a look! Your deadline to complete everything for this challenge is 2:00 pm Eastern time, tomorrow, May 6.

I’m over in our chat room and would love to just shoot the breeze and see how your weekend is going – or answer questions about our games and challenges. I’ll be chatting until 3:00 pm, so if you’ve arrived at this thread late, stop on by – we might still be there. There’s a link for the chat room in the menu bar at the top of the page. It might take a minute or two to connect you, so please be patient. Who knows … I *cough*might*cough have some additional prizes for people that stop by to talk

Quick Recap:
    1. Your layout must use 100% TDP product.
    2. Create your page using the instructions posted below.
    3. Post your layout in the TDP gallery (and link it to the image you post here in this thread).
    4. Your layout must be posted in this thread no later than 2:00 pm ET on Sunday, May 6 in order to be eligible to win one of the CHOOSE YOUR OWN PRIZE awards (don't forget to visit that thread and put your prize choices in rank order!). Winners will be announced in the TDP newsletter on Friday, May 11.

Okay, are we ready to get started? Supply list and instructions coming right up …

• ninigoesdigi
    commented on 's reply
    corrin & Kat Hansen thank you
    Kat, no this is a shot stolen from someone else's garden te he he. I cannot grow anything. I barely was able to keep some parsley and basil alive last year. That's why by the way I asked the house maker to use all the land to make our house, wood-deck and parking area lol lol I sometime wonder if I am really my parent's child. They have both a green thumb.

• Kat Hansen
    replied
    .... aaaaaand, voila! Here's my page - and YAY! 1. my instructions were correct, and 2. everyone was able to understand them (trust me, it's always a concern!)

Thank you, everyone, for playing along!!

Leave a comment:

• Kat Hansen
    replied
    I got side-tracked doing, of all things, cleaning the inside of my car - but it sure does look nice now.
    Posting my page in the gallery ... will link it up here, and then we're officially closed!!

Leave a comment:

• Hillary
    replied
    Here is mine...I know that my journaling is missing, but a lot of times I leave the more personal journaling off on my publicly posted layouts. I also took the liberty of swapping a flower for one of my small elements to add a little more color up on top.

Leave a comment:

• Kat Hansen
    replied
    What great pages I see here!! In just under two hours, this challenge will be closed and I'll post my layout here ...

Leave a comment:

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for playing along, Stefanie - and wow, what a work ethic your daughter has!

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    Nini, love all the pinks - and that flower looks stunning ... is it in your garden (and if so, I'm mega-jealous!!)

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    And lookie there - a picture posted in the forums!! So glad Hillary was able to help you figure all that out!

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    Love the single-word journaling - what a great idea!

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    Donna - you're welcome! And yes, I now have a yearning to make some travel plans, too ... but food-wise, I think I'll pass on the cherry Coke, and the bullet coffee and tea Now, I will say, my tacos last night were pretty amazing

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    Robin, what a great page - and I love your journaling.

• Kat Hansen
    commented on 's reply
    Love your page Tiffany - and it was great catching up! So ... #4 on your list ... that would be one of my favorite things, too.

• corrin
    commented on 's reply
    It sounds like a wonderful opportunity/experience, and I love the music paper!

• corrin
    commented on 's reply
    Ooh, that is so pretty!
Working...
X