NSD CHALLENGE | Stuck In A Grid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSD CHALLENGE | Stuck In A Grid

Hi everybody and welcome to another NSD Challenge! I hope that you all are enjoying the games from earlier in the week, and the challenge from yesterday. I always love event weeks here at TDP, so lets get geared up for some more fun!

I am here to introduce you to one of today's challenges. If you have been around since last NSD or DSD, you will recognize the general concept of this challenge because I have hosted the "Stuck In the Middle", and "Stuck On the Edge" challenges during those events.

For this challenge participants must create a layout on which every item used on the page must be touching a grid that is TIC-TAC-TOE-shaped (or in other words... 4 lines (2 horizontal and 2 vertical) that create a 3x3 grid of equal-sized squares). Participants can create their grid out of anything they like -- lines drawn in their photo editing program... stitching... paper strips... strings... etc. (be creative!) -- so long as the basic 3x3 grid shape is totally recognizable and clear. And then... EVERY item that goes onto the layout must be touching that grid shape. Grids can be any size the participants desire (and as long as any additions are touching the original 3x3 grid, the grids can even be expanded into other-shapes of grids)... grids can be rotated/skewed/etc... but the base grid of 3x3 must be visible and easy to locate.

Here's my example:

(Credits: Together | by Dawn By Design, All Boy - by Dawn By Design, Sans Serif - Stickered Alpha | by Dawn By Design, and stitches from Stitched Down Vol. 8 | by Laura Passage )

The rules of the challenge:
    1. Your layout must use 100% TDP product.
    2. Every item used on the page must be touching your 3x3 (or larger) grid.
    3. You must post your layout in the TDP gallery and then start a post in this thread and link up the image (and link it to the gallery post).
    4. Your layout must be posted in this thread no later than 11:59pm PT on Wed 5/9in order to be eligible to win one of the CHOOSE YOUR OWN PRIZE awards (don't forget to visit that thread and put your prize choices in rank order!). Winners will be announced in the TDP newsletter on Friday 5/11.

My Gallery

Here's one from me - loved this challenge.

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      So fun! I love all of the little birdies.

Thanks for another fun challenge... I welded together frames from the kit I used to create my grid.

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      Great page! I like the way that you "tucked" the photo under some of the frames, and that cute elephant that is like the one in the picture.

Fun times. This one took longer than I expected to get everything just right!

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I like how you made you grid so big that it took up most of the page. Mine took a lot longer than I had hoped too, but I really like how it turned out. I hope that you feel the same way about your page, because I think it turned out awesome.

Here is my interpretation of the grid challenge. This was a fun one.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...-vibes&cat=519

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I am glad you had fun, Tiffany. I love that you filled all of the squares with papers and then placed your photo on top. Thanks for playing along!

Here's mine:

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the stitching that you choose, and the striped background. Thanks for playing along!

Here is my page. Once I had placed the stitching grid, rather than being inspired by Tic Tac Toe I saw a draught board hence the circles!

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that the circles are great! I love your choice of pieces that you added.

Hillary, your page is totally inspiring! Love all the pages too. Here is my take:

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, thank you! I had so much fun making it. I love all of the papers stacked up under your grid, it adds another fun element of dimension. Thanks for playing!
Working...
X