NSD CHALLENGE | Do Over

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSD CHALLENGE | Do Over

Welcome to the Do Over Challenge! I hope you are having a wonderfully creative NSD week here at The Digital Press!

For this challenge, you are going to pick a layout or a hybrid project... and DO IT OVER! (you had to see that coming, right!?)

You can pick your very first digital layout OR one that is at least 5 years old. We all have those layouts that we look back on and think "I would do that WAY differently now..." or "I wish I would have had the skills then, that I have now!"

Well, now is the perfect time to get those layouts re-done!

I chose this particular one, because, well, I pretty much used any tool available in PSE at the time. Not only was I still in the process of learning about the technical aspect of digital scrapbooking, but I hadn't found my style, yet... I have learned a lot about page design, tools, and composition since this layout, and I want to make something that I'm proud of! So, here's mine!

Created November 8th, 2010:

Created May 4th, 2017:

Created using Standing Tall by KimB Designs

Now it's your turn! Let's see those transformed layouts... Have fun!

The fine print:
    • Your page or project should be loaded into the gallery no later than 11:59pm PT on Wednesday, May 10th in order to be eligible for one of the 'Pick Your Own Choice' NSD prize options.
    • Layouts must use 100% TDP product (other than any physical supplies you might need for a hybrid project). Winners will be announced in our newsletter on May 12th.
    • Don't forget to link your page here in this challenge thread, so we can leave you comments and gallery love!
    Save
    Save

Oh, I love your new layout!

My Gallery

Comment

my old LO

my new LO

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! What a transformation! I love your new layout with all it's beautiful clean lines <3 Such a beautiful 're-do'

This is such a brilliant challenge! I love the way you guys have revised your layouts.
    As a hybrid scrapper, it will take me a bit longer but I'm definitely up for having a go!
    Thanks for such a brilliant challenge Heidi

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      I totally understand needing time for hybrid! I have a couple in the back of my mind that I'd love to re-do, but need to set aside some time to do it! <3

old one:

new one:

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      This is gorgeous! I love how you kept the sunshine theme in both, but I REALLY like that bright yellow in the new one <3 Such a beautiful moment scrapped! Thanks so much for playing along!

I've actually been doing a lot of this lately, here's my original layout from when I first started scrapping

And my new one

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Aw, this is amazing! The colors and the fun page design really go along with those fun photos! I re-do mine quite a bit, too... it's fun seeing how much we've grown! Thanks for sharing with us!

Okay here is mine.
    Here is my new layout.

http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...y-ring&cat=500
    and here is my old layout. Hopefully I can figure out how to get a picture to show (I can't put it in the gallery as it was not TDP designers).
    http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/a...KK_CDS_BAB.jpg
    Last edited by Kristal; 05-08-2017, 03:23 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, isn't this adorable! I love the colors you used and perfect title work! Thanks so much for playing along!

Here's one of mine from 2008. Isn't it lovely? lol

Here's my do over:

Last edited by barbaraj; 05-09-2017, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      What a beautiful moment! I always look at my old ones and chuckle... but, your old one is pretty, too! But... I really love your new one! It's simple and perfect! Thanks for playing along!

I never liked this LO from May of 2012. I am much happier with the redo down below..

Last edited by jang; 05-09-2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I love this! I love how you used the big photo in the background and the smaller pics in the foreground... really tells a more complete story Thanks so much for playing along with us! <3

I chose this layout to redo. While I liked most of the layout, I really wanted to redo the color palette to make it a little less "soft baby boy" and a little more "bold Thor".

and the redo -

Comment

• Heidi Nicole
      Heidi Nicole commented
      Editing a comment
      Gorgeous re-do! Love those photos <3 Thanks so much for playing!

Thank you to all who played along! I hope you had a lot of fun <3

Comment

CONGRATS BARBARAJ!!! <3

Comment

Working...
      X