NSD CHALLENGE | Slow Scrap **PROJECTS DUE 8:00pm ET on SUN 5/7**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSD CHALLENGE | Slow Scrap **PROJECTS DUE 8:00pm ET on SUN 5/7**

It's here! It's here!! It's finally here!!! I've been waiting for this Slow Scrap challenge all week long! I'm posting the instructions below, and If you want to participate and earn credit, you will have until 8:00pm EST on Sunday 5/7 to do the following...

(a) create a layout following these instructions
    (b) post your layout in the CHALLENGE GALLERY
    ---and also---
    (c) link it up in a comment, below, in this thread

We can't wait for you to join us in this challenge! Anyone who completes it will be entered to win one of the CHOOSE YOUR OWN PRIZE awards (so make sure you come check out that thread, and put your prize choices into rank order!).

So.... ARE YOU READY??..... Here we go!

STEP 1 – Use a dark colored solid background paper. It can be a patterned paper, but it needs to have the overall look of a solid piece (such as tone-on-tone or textured).

STEP 2 – Put a 5.5 x 12 piece of light neutral toned solid or neutral patterned on the right side so that your paper looks like it’s almost split in half.

STEP 3 – Add a narrow strip 0.5 x 12 of paper under the light paper slightly overlapping the darker one. You are creating a “seam” of sorts between the two halves.

STEP 4 – Add a 6.5 x 1.5 bold and colorful piece of patterned paper to the bottom of the left side. Use stitching or a thin ribbon on top of this piece to attach it to the background paper.

STEP 5 –On each half, place either a single 4x6 / 5x7 ish photo or multiple photos grouped together to equal that 4x6 / 5x7 ish space, your choice! BUT, the left side should be slightly larger than the right (drawing the main focus here) AND that left side should be placed higher than the right side (it will also be on the original background paper – not the bold and colorful piece of paper).

STEP 6 – Frame your larger photo on the dark paper with a very narrow mat behind it.

STEP 7 – On the right side, add a piece of paper above the photo group making sure it’s the same width as your photo group and that it extends to the edge of the page. Place your journaling in this spot.

STEP 8 – Add a small narrow strip of paper under the photo / group on the right side – again making sure it’s the same width as your photo group and extends to the edge of the page. Place either a date or one line of journaling.

STEP 9 – Add a title under the large photo on the left side in the white space below it.

STEP 10 – Place an element on the lower left of your larger journal box.

STEP 11 – Add a cluster of elements near your title work.

STEP 12 – Add an element to the lower right corner on the photo grouping (right side of page).

STEP 13 - Add any additional elements, paint, a date, and whatever else makes your heart happy!

That's it. You are DONE!! I hope you have had as much fun as I have, and I can't WAIT to see your layouts!!

Now, Don't forget....

If you want to participate and earn credit, you will have until 8:00pm EST on Sunday 5/7 to do the following...

(a) post your layout in the CHALLENGE GALLERY
    ---and also---
    (b) link it up in a comment, below, in this thread.

Make sure you use 100% TDP products in your layout!

Happy scrapping!
    Save
    Save
    Last edited by Laura Passage; 05-07-2017, 09:53 AM.

• JAMSquared80
    commented on 's reply
    It's probably bigger than what most people would consider a purse camera, but I love it.

• mocamom
    commented on 's reply
    I've been looking or a purse camera. I'm off to check this out now!!

• JAMSquared80
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! I use a Canon Power Shot SX50. It's always in my purse.

• Sharon-Dewi
    replied
    Oh no! I think I calculated the time zone differences wrong! I thought I still had half an hour to finish my layout....
    I hope it still counts!

Here is my take on this awesome, but challenging, challenge:

Leave a comment:

• mocamom
    replied
    And that's a wrap ladies! Like all good things, it had to end

Thank y'all so much for playing my game!! I loved watching everyone interpret the instructions. It was neat watching your brains work There is no right or wrong way, it's all about scrapping our memories! Each of y'all will be entered to win one of the CHOOSE YOUR OWN PRIZE awards, so make sure you check out that thread and put your prizes in order!

Here is my layout that I used to start the game:

Again, THANK YOU for playing!! I am so glad I wasn't the only one here

Leave a comment:

• mocamom
    commented on 's reply
    Anne I love the colors you used with these pictures. You had some great ellies too. What font is that? I NEED it

• mocamom
    commented on 's reply
    I love your title!! Those are some seriously good pictures too. What camera do you use?? Very pretty layout!

• JAMSquared80
    replied
    Awesome instructions.

Leave a comment:

• Anne PC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kat Hansen
    replied
    I'll be playing along later today (right now, I'm at work ... boo!!!)

Leave a comment:

• mocamom
    commented on 's reply
    I hope it wasn't too hard for you Barbara! Your page is beautiful and it really shows off her love of her horse! Thank you for playing along

• mocamom
    commented on 's reply
    I've heard of this bread, but never knew anyone that made it! Is it bad that I zoomed really close so I could read the recipe?? I LOVE that you scrapped this and your layout is very pretty!! (oh and my daughter thinks it's great that you used lavender colors on your page for lavender bread - it tickled her this morning!)

• mocamom
    commented on 's reply
    This is beautiful Kristal!! What great paper choices!! I needed to see that smile this early morning

• barbaraj
    replied
    Wow, that was quite a challenge! Got my brain going this morning and once I got into it had lots of fun!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X