Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSD GAME | What Mothers Really Want

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, EVERYONE!

In honor of this day of celebration for all of the mothers in the world... our final game for NSD weekend is a fun one!

In this game, you simply have to leave a post here and tell us what you REALLY wanted to receive for Mother's Day (or... what you'd really prefer to have given to your own mother today)... in the spirit of this fun meme from Rants by Mommyland, of course...

The best part about this game... anyone who participates in this game throughout our week-long NSD celebration (May 1-9) will be entered to win $5 worth of free product in Sherry Ferguson's shop here at TDP!

So... dish it! What would your dream "gift" be? LOL
    ~ Laura ~

I really want my children around me, happy in each other's company, delighted to help out with lunch, dishes & their washing etc, and spend time chatting with me.
    A sincere thank-you x3 would be really awesome too.

The most stupid emotion I am dealing with is that when my Mom was alive all I wanted was a Mother's Day all about me, now that she has passed away, I realise how short sighted I was.

Comment

I love the excitement my boys have presenting their artwork and projects they have made for me. I agree with Stephanie - I just want to enjoy the day with my boys and my boys to be kind to each other and help each other - that is the best gift!

Comment

When my husband asked what I "wanted" for Mother's Day, I told him that more than anything else in the world, I wanted him to finish installing the baseboards in my entryway, laundry and half bath. (We pulled the old ones last summer when we had new flooring put in. It might not bother me so much except that when we painted the walls we only painted down to the top of the old baseboard so now that they're gone, the walls have this huge builder-white stripe at the bottom.) I just want him to cut and nail up the wood (it's just 1x6", and we have all the wood we need in the garage); I'll even putty the holes, caulk the gaps and paint it!

Comment

So, last year when my husband asked what I wanted... I said. "a gift card filled with time? Do they make those?"

I was only kind of kidding. That is LITERALLY what I would want if it was actually a thing.

Anyway, my husband is sorta hilarious and so this is what he actually gave me, in response...

~ Laura ~

Comment

• bcgal00
          bcgal00 commented
          Editing a comment
          Too funny! What a sense of humor he has!

• Kiana
          Kiana commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like my hubby. ROFL

• shaynesgirl
          shaynesgirl commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL! I love love this! He is quite clever, isn't he.

I'd love that cheesy card written by some dude at a greeting card company

Comment

What I want is to see my family today. The kids are coming over later to watch movies and order Chinese food. What I asked my hubs for is.....a new toilet handle LOL. It broke off last night in the main bathroom so even though he's on call and will probably be out most of the day, I asked him to pop into Home Depot and buy a new one to put on when he gets home. We have 2 other bathrooms but I usually use the main one so it bugs me that it's not useable right now. So, I have to say....never asked for this kind of gift before on Mother's Day or any holiday

Comment

• Laura Passage
            Laura Passage commented
            Editing a comment
            'I was scared of the answer' -- hahahahha

• bcgal00
            bcgal00 commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL....ya I would be scared to ask too

• Lisa Bell
            Lisa Bell commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL this is great. I love that I am not the only one that just wants little things taken care of, which in turn make me feel SO happy.

What I would really like is for my husband to actually plan the day. Last night he asked me what we were doing today for Mother's Day.

Comment

• Jennifer
            Jennifer commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL, Laura!

• Amson
            Amson commented
            Editing a comment
            Just too funny!!! I'm the chief organiser here and always have been.

• Lisa Bell
            Lisa Bell commented
            Editing a comment
            My hubby asked that on Saturday - because Sundays are always for our moms, so I get Saturday, I told him he and the kids were cleaning the house and I had work (which consisted of checking out the awesome NSD stuff) and a nap scheduled. They were pretty awesome about it too. Don't think he will be asking anymore but planning instead.

Hmmm? My Dh is pretty good about today in years past. He takes over house duties and kids. Today's no different. So...if I could have anything today .....I'd say a little extra time in the day before the wonderfulness ends!!! ROFL

Comment

• Jennifer
            Jennifer commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! He could give my hubby some lessons.

• Amson
            Amson commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine did the same today. It was wonderful but 24 hrs in a year is just not enough.

• Kiana
            Kiana commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen to that Amson lol

I would love to have a week (or more!) off from cooking and planning the meals, and I'd love to have my cleaner back! I had a cleaner for a little while, and it was great!! But Stefanie's idea does sound heavenly too, happy kids (doing all the work!), and time together.

Comment

I wish my daughter remembered today was mothers day. I have not heard from her yet. She'll call, she's just a procrastinator.

Comment

• Laura Passage
              Laura Passage commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh gosh! I forgot my dad's birthday one year... called a day late... felt like such a jerk! OMGOSH, the worst feeling ever. I just totally lost track of what day it was.

• candi1973
              candi1973 commented
              Editing a comment
              finally, at last my daughter called! Gosh I'd have been sad!

Honestly, I would have just loved to spend some time with my family today visiting. Instead my parents planned this great big get together at a buffet restaurant next to the gambling riverboat. Unfortunately there were so many people we didn't even get to sit near one another or chat...but all in all, I got to see Mom and watch her beam with pride at all her grandchildren, so its all good.

Comment

We spent most of the day driving home from my mom's house- but it was a lovely morning being with her & my sister (and my inlaws made the trip over with us- so we spent LOTS of quality car time with my MIL!) My hubby usually just lets me buy whatever I want for myself- but this year he actually surprised me with a sweet gift certificate to my favorite little spa/massage place- so I'm pumped about that!

Also- I really love all the kids' projects- but I have such a hard time figuring out what to do with all their stuff afterwards! I usually photograph most of it then it goes in the recycling. Is that terrible or what!? I have kept a few of the photo jars & frames etc.

Comment

This weekend was CRAZY as we had a neighbor get married on Saturday and that took a good portion of my day. When the kids were young we decided Sundays would be spent with our moms and grandmas and Saturday was my Mother's Day.

Kids and hubby cleaned the house on Saturday, and although I wish more had been done, I am thrilled with their efforts and attitudes. We just ran out of time because of the wedding. I even got a nap and a bit of time to myself to peruse NSD and the forum. Now that the kids are older and we are down a few great ladies, my hubby and kids make my mom and I dinner each year. I told everyone all I wanted was a clean house and game night on Sunday and that is exactly what I got and then some. They made and cleaned up dinner and we played Telestrations and laughed hysterically over some of the answers. Then ended with a movie. I loved the relaxing of the entire day!

Comment

I would have preferred to give my mother a hug rather than send her something in the mail.

Comment

Working...
                  X