Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSD GAME | Screengrab Trivia

Hey everyone!

Can you believe NSD is here? I am having a blast and I hope you are enjoying our NSD games too. I have such a great game for you today.

I am a huge fan of movies, and this game is all about recognizing movies from a screengrab! I am going to post a screengrab/still shot of a movie, and the next person "solves" which movie it's from and then posts another screengrab for the next person to solve. That's fun, right?

I had to think long & hard about which movie I wanted to start this trivia game with. To be honest, my list of favorite movies is huge so this wasn't an easy task but I was able to find one!

Here it is......

Now it's up to the next person to guess which movie this is from... and post a new movie still/screengrab of their own.

If you don't know how to make a screengrab, here's a tip -- just google the name of the movie + stills (for example: "Silence Of The Lambs stills") and you should be able to find screengrabs that are already online. You can also use this site to help you "grab" the screengrabs... http://film-grab.com ...just make sure that any image you use is no wider than 900px (because that's the width of our forum here at TDP).

Have fun... and I can't wait to see what you all come up with! This will be fun!

Oh, and one more thing... THE BEST PART? Anyone who participates in this game throughout our week-long NSD celebration (May 1-9) will be entered to win $7 worth of free product in France M. Designs' shop here at TDP!
    Last edited by Laura Passage; 05-03-2016, 05:28 PM.

I guessing yours is from the movie John Wick--I had to google it .

Here's mine:

Comment

Sweet Home Alabama!!! Love that one!

One of my favorites!

Comment

• Jennifer
        Jennifer commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, you are right! It is my favorite movie.

• corrin
        corrin commented
        Editing a comment
        oh how I love this film (Knight's tale!) - and this is such a great screen grab from it too! Whenever my children complain about walking home from school, I mentally quote the trudging bit to myself!

A Knights Tale

Comment

• knclark
        knclark commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes -

found! Crimson Peak!!! with Mia Wasikowska and Tom Hiddleston

Here is mine...

Comment

Fried Green Tomatoes (but I've never seen it).

One of my favorite movies of all time. This might be a tough pic.

--- KIMBERLEE ---

Comment

Shawshank Redemption?

here is mine, it is old, but I love it, and you can get a good look at the cast here!
          Last edited by corrin; 05-07-2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Oh - I haven't seen this one forever - Sneakers!!

Another Favorite!

Comment

• corrin
              corrin commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes you got it (Sneakers) - such a great film!

Pride and Prejudice - with the very lovely Matthew McFayden!

I couldn't help notice we haven't had any Disney films in here yet, so I thought I'd throw one in!

Comment

• knclark
              knclark commented
              Editing a comment
              Correct!

Hey it's Raiponce (the only one i know of the list!!!!)

One of my favorite film (and I play for fun, it's my store !!!! lol )
            ----- FRANCE -----

Comment

• corrin
              corrin commented
              Editing a comment
              yes! Rapunzel (or Tangled), and I love your film too, but I'm going to let someone else have a guess! <3

• franny
              franny commented
              Editing a comment
              Oups, corrin Yes it's rapunzel in english !!!!

"Love Actually"

{I feel kind of bad about this game because it steals bandwith from other sites... I found a still from Photobucket to avoid that...}

Comment

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
              We rarely go to the movies. A lot of my students were reading the book this movie was based on; the librarian at our school said it was really good so I checked it out. I was surprised that I liked it so much. When the movie was made, my daughter and I went to see it and we both enjoyed it.
              Last edited by pbrooks; 05-08-2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• franny
                franny commented
                Editing a comment
                Love love love this one!

Hunger Games - I think the first one - but not sure.

Comment

• franny
                franny commented
                Editing a comment
                I want to see it!

• knclark
                knclark commented
                Editing a comment
                I want to see it too!

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I really want to see that one. :D

Comment

• corrin
                corrin commented
                Editing a comment
                ok, you have me stumped! I am so far behind in watching films, but I know the guy on the left (standing) is DB Woodside, that is as much as I can find, even with the help of Google and imdb! until......

Thank you all so much for playing along Maybe we'll see a few more ?? Today was Mother's Day over here in The Netherlands and we were gone pretty much the entire day. How I missed my laptop !! I'll be going to bed in a bit but had to check in here first. Love seeing all the screengrabs !

Comment

Working...
              X