• Welcome to the forum & gallery at The Digital Press! Each user will need to register an account in order to use this portion of our website. We look forward to seeing you in our forums and gallery! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite show?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite show?

So we recently canceled cable. I don't miss it, and I do have lots of shows and films on my Netflix and Hulu queues. So, while I'm not hurting for things to watch, I'm wondering what you all are watching? Maybe we can help each other find a new show to try!

I'll start: I had no interest in The Magicians when it first came out, but I'm loving it right now. I have like 3 eps left in the series and I'm already sad it's over lol! DH loved Ozark (I didn't watch it; I can't do depressing/horror/action/thriller stuff right now.) My kids are currently obsessed with The Regular Show and recently finished up Gravity Falls, which DH and I didn't mind. (Some kids shows make me bonkers. I'm not alone in that feeling, am I?) And DH and I are re-watching Community with DD, who hasn't seen it before. It's nice that she's getting older so we can watch some more stuff with her.

What about you all? Are you watching any good shows? Oh, or any good movies? I feel totally out of the loop with movies lately!

With my kids I watch Mandalorian and Wanda Vision on Disney + and the movie Croods 2 (they love it)

I just watched the Documentary Challenger on Netflix and finished yesterday The Crown.

I also like to watch older series like Sherlock, Criminal Minds, etc.

Comment

During the holiday season I got totally hooked on home interior reality shows and also cooking.
      2 years ago it was Marie Kondo and this Xmas I devoured The Home Edit and Dream Home Makeover were a big big hit for me and I can't stop trying to organize my stuff lol

I also enjoyed the Top Chef series even if sometimes it is over dramatic with all this back stabbing things lol

Right now I can't wait to see more of those 2 home decor/organizing programs.

Comment

I am rewatching Supernatural with my kiddo. He has never seen it. I think we are up to season 6.
        I've also been watching Criminal Minds. There for a while, season 13 wasn't available anywhere without paying for it, but just recently popped up on Hulu.
        Chance has been watching Man with a Plan and really liked it. I just saw a few episodes and it was ok.

Comment

I am still enjoying NCIS - season 16 I think, Blacklist is back but can be quite dark and violent.
          New Amsterdam is always good.
          MasterChef Australia is what we are currently binge watching.
          It makes me hungry though.

Comment

• corrin
            corrin commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh tell me about New Amsterdam - I can't watch really gripping/gritty/"real" things at night (Blacklist is a bit too dark at times for me, I only watch it if DH is watching too!), if I sit down to watch TV in the evening, I'm usually looking for something to enjoy that won'tkeep me awake worrying or wondering about what is next! Where would you put New Amsterdam in terms of tension? I've heard it is good!

• Stefanie
            Stefanie commented
            Editing a comment
            @corrin
            It is not overly scary or bloody but there have been some cliff hangers and drama.
            I have thoroughly enjoyed it though.
            Don't watch the last episode of season 1 just before bed.

• corrin
            corrin commented
            Editing a comment
            ok, good to know, thanks!

I am still waiting for the Croods 2 - we loved the first one, but the 2nd hasn't come out here yet.

I am re-watching Blue Collar with my oldest and really enjoying that, and will start The Crown next.
          We've also watched Mandolorian and Voyager, and I have heard good things about Virgin River - has anyone seen that?

Comment

Originally posted by Dunia View Post
            With my kids I watch Mandalorian and Wanda Vision on Disney + and the movie Croods 2 (they love it).
            Ooh, I keep forgetting about Wanda Vision. Maybe we'll try that tonight with our older child.

And Corrin, did you know there's a Croods television show? It's on Netflix.

Comment

• corrin
              corrin commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn’t know there was a Croods series!!! I’ll have a look for that, thank you

• Dunia
              Dunia commented
              Editing a comment
              Wanda Vision is amazing, so different, we are loving it!

We watched 2 episodes of Wanda Vision last night - and I don't get it. It seems like it is just a 70s show, and a bit odd. I know there are hints of Avengers things (hydra on the watch face, the helpciopter with the logo etc) - but I'm not sure I understand all the hype - anyone else watched it? what am I missing!?

Comment

• Dunia
              Dunia commented
              Editing a comment
              Corrin keep watching they are reveling stuff each episode,

Streaming... The Unicorn, This is Us & Prodigal Son. Looking forward to new season of New Amsterdam. The documentary Down to Earth with Zac Efron on Netflix. I've followed Reed Timmer Extreme Meteorologist on Facebook for years. About a month ago found out he was on the series Storm Chasers. Signed up for a free 6 months of Discovery + (under Verizon unlimited plan) so now I can watch his tornado footage. Always love hearing about new shows to try.

Comment

I also enjoyed Virgin River, at the end of season 1 I felt it was just a ploy to make you watch season 2, but I did and still enjoyed it again, til the final episode of season 2.
              The cliff hangers get to me.
              It's like "who shot JR?' all over again.

Comment

I loved The Crown too! We are currently re-watching 24 on Netflix, and the first season is hilarious. What a gap between the technology then and now! It was 20 years ago, can you imagine that???

Comment

Working...
                X