A Halloween like no other!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Halloween like no other!

It is Halloween tomorrow!! And I bet (I hope!) it will be a 'one of a kind halloween', but I am wondering if you have any plans to mark the day?

Have you still carved your pumpkins and decorated the house? We are not really sure what to do tomorrow, 2 of our 4 pumpkins are carved, and my youngest has plans to dress up (all day I think!), but we won't be trick or treating at all. I'm wondering about watching a family halloween-ish film and creating some sort of Bingo card, so everytime we hear or see certain things, the first person to note it gets a sweet.

What will you be up to? Any film recommendations (nothing to scary , I'm a scaredy-cat!)?

Nothing here. No kids plus not much a thing in my part of Japan. Maybe Tokyo people will do but I think they will stay home this year as Tokyo is still in trouble with Covid.

What ever you do guys, please stay safe and have fun!!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      It isn't as big in Endgland as it seems to be in America, but it is getting bigger. Most kids go trick or treating and people put out pumpkins, some houses go further with creepy outside decor too. When I was a child though there was nothing.

DH bought pumpkins last week when getting groceries. DS says he wants to carve them and since we aren't going to T or T, that seems like a normal Halloween activity that we can enjoy, so why not? We're going to do a Candy Hunt around the house instead of T or T. It'll be like an indoor Easter egg hunt, except no eggs. And the kids will probably be in costume, not dress-up clothes lol. We still need to decide what "scary" movie to watch. Like you, Corrin, we don't do super scary. Maybe The Nightmare Before Christmas. Frankenweenie is kind of scary for kids but not for adults (IMHO).

I think tomorrow I'll get out all my fall decor. DS and DD can help decide where my ceramic pumpkins can go. Not exactly a thrilling day, but they tend to enjoy helping out like that.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      yep, mine used to love helping with decorating things, I liked it and they had some great ideas sometimes. Hope you had fun with the candy hunt!

We were going to have a social distance/masked get together with my family until my nephew came down with a fever today after having been exposed to Covid-19 by his girlfriend 7 days ago. Now we are simply going to swap treats and food (none from the contaminated sister) and then head home to carve pumpkins and will likely watch Hocus Pocus.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      argh! what frustrating timing!! But I hope he gets over it quickly (and I guess it is better to find out today rather than the day after you all got together!). How did the pumpkins turn out!?

• ninigoesdigi
      ninigoesdigi commented
      Editing a comment
      Scary! I hope he will get over it soon. And I agree with Corrin, glad you knew that before you gathered all together. What a cluster it would have made.

My office had a Halloween costume party yesterday afternoon (Friday), which was fun. Halloween isn't really a big thing here in Australia like it is in the US, but some people do things. For me, it will be a quiet night of scrapping with Halloween movies on in the background -- already watched Casper, now it's Hotel Transylvania... and then topping off the night with The Adams Family (awesome!).
    ----------KATHERINE----------

Comment

Hotel Transylvania - I've seen 2 and 3, but not the first one!! We did have pumpkins and this year we decorated cookies, I got creative with coloured icing and made a foot shape cookie cutter work and a ghost (upside down) or a frankenstein monster. Yay me! My hubby also took my daughter out to buy a winter coat and came back with some Halloween Krispy Kreme donuts - I am a sucker for their festive ones, so I think halloween ones might be a new tradition!

We watched Coco, and now I'm going to start season 2 of the Mandalorian. We really know how to live it up don't we!
      Last edited by corrin; 10-31-2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X