What Have I Missed?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Have I Missed?!

So I've been MIA for the past couple of months - and for good reason -- I've had total knee replacement (thanks to a small window that opened on elective surgery), and have been recovering from that (well, I still am, to be honest, and will be for a few more months). However, I'm back to be able to sit comfortably for a few hours at a time -- and that means scrapping again! So between surgery, daily physical therapy, getting back to work and, of course, Covid-19, it's been pretty busy in my neck of the woods.

How about you? What have i missed?
    ----------KATHERINE----------

Not too much from my side.
    Still quiet, still covid.
    Here's hoping for your full recovery.

Comment

Nothing fancy here. Just trying to avoid crowded places and trying to handle the new way of teaching online.
      The only excitement we had in months happened just this weekend for hubby's 50th birthday. Oh my. He was a little low thinking of this new decade but we had a nice time in a Japanese style hotel with a private hot spring bath on the terrace. I had planned a horse riding time for him but the weather was just too bad and it was cancelled. But I will try to find another solution when we have our summer break, end of August.

Meanwhile, I wish you a quick recovery.

Comment

ninigoesdigi - a bath in hot springs sounds wonderful ... it's winter here in Australia, so cold and damp. Soaking in the hot/warm waters would be so nice! Pity about the horse riding outing Hopefully the summer break will see a relaxing of a few social restrictions and you can enjoy the time.

Comment

Stefanie - I think "still quiet, still Covid" sums up things for a lot of us at the moment. Here in Australia the state of Victoria is struggling through a second wave of the pandemic ... and it's not good Thankfully, I'm in a relatively 'safe' are in another state/territory, but there's still travel restrictions interstate and a lot of restrictions on social gatherings, restaurants and cafes.

Comment

OH, and thank you both for the well-wishes on my recovery. I'm certainly in a better place and taking steps (quite literally LOL) in the right direction.

Comment

Welcome back Kat!! I hope the knee surgery all went well and that the recovery is going smoothly and right on track!

Covid still going on here too, some restrictions have recently been lifted, but it looks like we are starting a second wave so most of the "fun" kids stuff is still closed - and we've just started the school summer holiday - so that is a bit pants . But school holidays are a relief for me as the school at home stuff was hard work! We've had great weather though, and everything is better when the sun shines (without getting TOO hot), and we've just had a family week away so I'm now unpacking and getting the laundry going - all that stuff!

Comment

corrin - recovery is going well ... been told to expect a long road of up to 12 months for all the internal stitching to dissolve and the muscles and nerves to regenerate - although having a good portion of my knee now totally numb (and likely to stay that way) feels quite strange. Imagine kneeling and not knowing if you're on the knee, putting weight on it or not LOL Yeah, weird.

*sigh* warm weather ... that would be nice. Winter here, so about 10 degrees celsius during the day. Blessed, though, that a really nice winter day is clear blue skies and sunny - but still cold! LOL We're still on pretty severe travel restrictions as wave #2 of Covid is hitting some places -- Melbourne, Victoria, is locked down even with an evening curfew. Where I am is, thankfully, in a good place with no cases.

LOL enjoy the laundry!

Comment

Working...
                X