One Little Word anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Little Word anyone?

Anyone else doing One Little Word? I'm trying it for the first time this year. I figured after 2019 being so yucky and stressing me out, I should try to journal some to decrease my stress level. I got shingles on my face Christmas Eve and the doctor had the nerve to tell me it was due to stress. Stress can bring out shingles??? Then why haven't I had it before?? Anyway, it was kind of a wake up call. So I have chosen to focus on "balance" as my word. I'm doing the whole thing in PSCC so I can turn it into a scrapbook. Hey, that's not over extending myself, it's working in a media I love hehe.

So anyone else doing this? Anyone have any quotes you like that represent balance? I'm on the hunt for a good one to print!
    Save

Save

I took the quiz from her site and got "focus". I like it. I am going to give it a try.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      I also thought about focus - it's a great word!

I have followed some of Ali's posts in the past few years but never decided on a word till this year. My word is LEARN... mainly learning to trust God more (especially when plans don't quite work out) and learning to digi scrap.

Good luck with the shingles Robin... yes it's aggravated by stress. It stems from the chicken pox virus. So, if you had chicken pox as a kid you can get shingles as an adult and it reoccurs. My mother-in-law has had it a few times now (she is also not a stressed person). I have friends who've had it too... not pleasant at all.

Favourite balance quote..... a balanced meal is a pie in each hand! Ok guess that doesn't really help... hehehe.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are great ways to put LEARN in your life this year! Part of my balance is learning to let go so I especially love your choice. And you may laugh, but I like that quote and will use it one month this year! It reminds me that it's okay to live a little and enjoy dessert!!!

I didn't take a quiz but I did come up with my word for 2020 and it is congruent. I have already scrapbooked 2 pages in my gallery with my word. I intend to scrap it several times this year. I want to make an album that is just about this word and how it influenced me this year. Hope your health improves Robin.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      I just took a peek in your gallery and I love how you used this word on your page! Please keep sharing your OLW layouts. I am making a 6x8 album with my journaling cards and my layouts. I need your inspiration
Working...
X