Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone settled in and back to school??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone settled in and back to school??

we're in our third week of school here in TX and all settled in! we have one in 7th grade (starts at 8:10) and one on 9th grade (starts at 9:05) so we seem to be doing a lot more driving this year! my 9th grader is absolutely in love with high school, she's taken to it like a fish to water and it's so fun to see. She had her first JV tennis match yesterday (it was 100 degrees when they played!) and tonight is the first HS football game of the season so we're all going as a family.

how is everyone else settling in??

Oh my! My kiddos don't even start until NEXT wednesday! We're trying to eek out the last days of summer still! lol! I will be in a similar situation though- my daughter will be in 6th grade (middle school bus comes at 7:19) and my son in 3rd grade (bus comes at 8:08!) The afternoons they will get home at different times too. We'll see how that goes!

Comment

We just finished our second week and praise the lord *hallelujah* my 5 year old that dropped out of preschool absolutely loves Kindergarten. So I have a 10th grader and 7th grader at one school that starts at 8:25, a 2nd grader that starts at 8:10, and my Kindergartner that starts at 11:50. There is sooooo much wasted time during the school year as I spend about 21 hours a week sitting and waiting for kids. It drives me insane!

On the plus side, I am loooooving having them in school. It leaves me time to actually breathe and think full complete thoughts without interruption.
      ----- HILLARY -----

Comment

My Baby started her Senior year of HS Tues of this week. This is our very last first day of school. It was a long time coming

Comment

• g8rbeckie
          g8rbeckie commented
          Editing a comment
          ok, so up until this year, I was like "kids going off to college? whatever! of course they grow up. we'll be ready!!".

and now with a HS freshman it totally hit me. we have FOUR years left with her, only THREE summers before she goes to college. I can't believe it. And I realize that I'll never be ready. I enjoy her "becoming" who she is so much, i want to watch it and be a part of it! I can't believe that with college kids you just have to let them go.

If you need a girls weekend when your baby goes to HS, call me up girl. We can hit the spa in Austin!! <3

• tiffany scraps
          tiffany scraps commented
          Editing a comment
          &quot;If you need a girls weekend when your baby goes to HS, call me up girl. We can hit the spa in Austin!! <3&quot; g8rbeckie that would be so fun!

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
        We just finished our second week and praise the lord *hallelujah* my 5 year old that dropped out of preschool absolutely loves Kindergarten. So I have a 10th grader and 7th grader at one school that starts at 8:25, a 2nd grader that starts at 8:10, and my Kindergartner that starts at 11:50. There is sooooo much wasted time during the school year as I spend about 21 hours a week sitting and waiting for kids. It drives me insane!

On the plus side, I am loooooving having them in school. It leaves me time to actually breathe and think full complete thoughts without interruption.
        O. M. G.

you have a PRESCHOOL DROP OUT!?? man, that's good material there for the rest of his life. I still give my son a hard time about doing a motorboat in my friends breasts when he was 3. I would get so much mileage out of dropping out of preschool! lol.

also, i'm super glad they're all happy and settled in!!

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, a PRESCHOOL drop-out. He refused to go. Like would NOT stay, and to make matters even more awkward...the teacher is his Aunt. *insert awkward faced emoji here*

My 4th grader and 6th grader have been in school for a few weeks, and are finally settling into a good routine and not asking me every morning if they can quit school.

Comment

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          caliten Ugh...doesn't the asking stress you out?! It does me, and then I want to curl up in my bed and die.

Mine start on Tuesday. My daughter is in 8th grade and I will drop her off at 7:45 and my 3rd grade son I drop off at 8:05. I always have to stop in the car for 10 to 15 minutes until he goes so no rushing. They both love going to school so they are excited.
        [STRONG]---------- MARIBEL ----------[/STRONG]

Comment

My 3 kids just went back today! NYC is always after labor day.

Comment

Working...
          X