Do you use a DSLR Camera?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use a DSLR Camera?

I have a Nikon camera and I just don't use it anymore in favor of my iPhone 8 Plus wich is awesome. Just curious if people still use the big cameras. I've just gotten tired of lugging it around.

I do when I travel. I bought a back pack to help with that (I had a shoulder bag before and got pains in one or the other shoulder so I changed to balance the weight on the back).
    I still like to have it for the zoom and better focus options. But it happens sometimes that I don't take it out and just use my iPhone so I might not be very good advice lol.

Comment

Yup,I have an old Canon. I'm actually looking at upgrading the body and thinking about mirrorless ... thinking. I still use it for vacations, or photography excursions - prefer it over my phone as I can use my zoom and macro lens and play a bit.

Comment

• g8rbeckie
        g8rbeckie commented
        Editing a comment
        this is me exactly...I have a canon 5dmii with amazing lenses...but it's SO HEAVY! I'm also researching mirrorless! I use my cell phone for most everyday things, but man nothing beats the quality of photos from a great camera. really interested in the sony alpha!

• Kat Hansen
        Kat Hansen commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly! I have some Tamron lenses that are pretty good quality, and the photos I get are great - and I can really focus on some macro photography, which I love. But after lugging the camera and lenses around for a day (or even a few hours), I'm thinking ugh.

Nope. I have wanted one for years- but honestly if it came down to it- I'd probably chose a new laptop! lol! Phone cameras are just too convenient!

Comment

I just use my iPhone!! It's so much more convenient, I hate lugging the big camera around. BUT... we do still have a DSLR and use it for some occasions when we want to have more control. But honestly the iPhone does so well with color and light balancing, and with portrait mode -- we hardly ever use the DSLR.

Comment

Thanks Ladies!

Comment

I use mine a lot, iphone photos (maybe cause I have and Iphone SE) don't compare to the ones I take with the DSLR, my iphone photos always come out so dark and orange. But mine is really old, I have a Nikon D50 and hope to get a new one soonish.
            [STRONG]---------- MARIBEL ----------[/STRONG]

Comment

I have started using my phone a bit more but I still like my big Nikon camera too.

Comment

Only use DSLR. I am so used to carrying it everywhere, I don't feel the weight. (And mine usually has a 150-600mm lens attached so quite heavy). Photos just don't compare.
                [img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com

Comment

I have a nice cross-body strap for my DSLR, but that doesn't mean I want to take it *everywhere*; In fact, DH and I are discussing buying a mirrorless camera because I want a camera that's nicer than my phone but smaller than my beautiful Canon DSLR. [I think a small mirrorless would be nice because some concert venues don't allow cameras with interchangeable lenses, but the Sony Alpha a6000 with a 16-50mm lens looks like a point and shoot lol.]

I just love the photo quality of my Canon 80D. Not using it seems like a shame. But the size? Not so fun. It's the reason I want a (small-ish) mirrorless.

Comment

• gwany1999
                    gwany1999 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh that sounds interesting. I just don't use my large DSLR anymore and was curious if I was the only one. I want to find a zoom lense for my iphone.

I use my phone for everyday, the convenience, great quality and wifi upload to dropbox so I can access on my pc are all fabulous.
                  Nothing beats the DSLR for game viewing and holidays though.

Comment

I have 2 Nikon P&S's both a bit older, the S9700 (I think that's the one, haven't pulled it out in a long time) and the waterproof one, think it's the A300. I also have a NIkon DSLR that I don't use as often as I should but love pulling it out and playing with it. I only have the d5200 but am considering the d3500 because I that one is compatible with the AF-P for autofocus and lighter than the d5200. We will see, wanting a wideangle lens, the 10-20mm first though.

Comment

Working...
                    X