What are you reading this summer??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you reading this summer??

I need some more suggestions for light, fluffy, preferably funny books. I read so many books during the school year that have purpose, deep meanings, self-help, non-fiction, etc., that I love to just take a break from reality in the summer. I have to say that reading is my escape! So... what are you reading or have read that is fun? Inquiring minds want to know (oh, okay, it's really just nosy minds hehe)!
    Save

Save

I have heard good things about the book, Where the Crawdads Sing, and am on the waiting list at my library for it.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Just put it on hold. It must be good because I'm number 42 on the list!!

I just finished The Girl in the Spider's Web, which is #4 in the Millennium series that started with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Not 'light and funny' but intriguing. I'm going to get the next one in the series, The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye.
    ----------KATHERINE----------

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      I may do this when it's my turn to host the book club. This looks like it will fit nicely. Thank you!!

I'm following along with this thread because I need some ideas, too! I'm about done with my house purge and ready to sit on the porch with a good book!

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhh you are making me jealous that you are almost done. I can't start until July when we get back from camp. But I'll get it done!

• IntenseMagic
      IntenseMagic commented
      Editing a comment
      mocamom it's helped that we've had pretty crappy summer weather so far. Last week was kind of chilly and this week it's raining. I'm knocking out a room a day

I just finished My not so perfect life by Sophie Kinsella- it was a super easy, fun read. ANYTHING by Sophie Kinsella will meet your fun wishlist! I have on my To-read stack (like just check out from the library) Lost Roses by Martha Hall Kelly & Educated by Tara Westover!

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Amie!! These look great!

I love reading romance books. Pretty much only those! So if you want some suggestions from there let me know.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes please!!! I love these too!
Working...
X