Bathroom must-haves?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom must-haves?

we're doing a major master bathroom remodel! We had a designer come over this week to measure, she's goign to create the drawing that our contractor will work from. We're removing our tub and going with a nice big shower. and towel space is a must (there is NO place to hang towels in our current bathroom and it makes me nuts!).

What are your bathroom must-haves? any features big or small that you have and love or desperately wish you had?

So jealous! Built in's for all your items, makeup, medicine, toothbrushes etc. My medicine cabinet is just not that big.

Comment

We took out the bath in our en suite, added a lovely glass door/walled shower, two bath sheet towel rails (one for each of us) and a hand towel rail, basin with storage under counter, large double doored mirrored medicine cabinet and another storage wall mounted cupboard for pretties and necessities.

Comment

One thing I hoped I had but we couldn't was a wall heater where you can hang towels.
        This one looks design and plenty of spots if you have a big family.

And I would definitely hide as much as I can in cupboards or drawers. Sink top should be clear of things piling up... not that I am managing doing it now lol but it's my wish te he he.
        I believe any open shelves are just an "open door" to dust so if I could I would have a better bathroom but it's pretty small and I don't have may options to work with.

Looking forward to see what you make!

Comment

I second the notion of storage - you'll need more than you think! Don't do a pedestal sink! We also installed a combination fan/heater/lighting unit - great radiant heat for the colder months.

Comment

great suggestions on the storage! I'm crazy lucky because the bathroom is pretty big (we live in a suburb and houses run pretty large!) and my hubby can build furniture. He built the dark walnut vanities we're going to use under the sinks, and I asked the designer to include custom storage cabinets somewhere in the design that he's also going to make for us! the towel warming rack is an awesome idea too! we should have space for it so i'll go look up some examples.

does anyone have white towels? I'm thinking of doing all white like hotels do.

Comment

• caliten
              caliten commented
              Editing a comment
              I use white towels (and white linens) in my guest suite for exactly that reason .... because it feels like a hotel. And because it works with the room scheme/color theme ('cold coast' ... think Northern California beach). And because I like the thought that I can just bleach the linens/towels back to whiteness even if I've never done it (actually haven't needed to as my guests have not been the type to cause bleach to come into the picture).

• AmieN1
              AmieN1 commented
              Editing a comment
              We have a lot of white towels- I really like them because you can just bleach them out when they start to get dingy. We also have a few mint color that we use, but mostly white!

I would say make sure you have enough electrical outlets. I had our electrician put one in the wall behind my bottom drawer (inside the cabinet!) I keep a power strip plugged in there & inside my drawer- it's where I plug in my flat iron/hair dryer, etc. That way I don't have to unplug my toothbrush every time!

Comment

I have to be weird here and say my two favorite things in my bathroom are the ceiling fan and the TV over the whirlpool. I can soak for an hour in the bath while binging on Netflix and run the ceiling fan to keep the humidity out of the bathroom. We asked for those specifically when the house was being built and the contractor thought I was weird. Eh! I am
              Save
              Save

Comment

Originally posted by mocamom View Post
                I have to be weird here and say my two favorite things in my bathroom are the ceiling fan and the TV over the whirlpool. I can soak for an hour in the bath while binging on Netflix and run the ceiling fan to keep the humidity out of the bathroom. We asked for those specifically when the house was being built and the contractor thought I was weird. Eh! I am
                oh my gosh! how luxurious! we are actually removing our tub because we never use it! but we do have a hot tub in the back yard, and an outdoor kitchen with a TV. so if we wanted to relax we could do it in the hot tub lol!!

Comment

It's not a "must have" but definitely a nice luxury - a jacuzzi. Although my husband never uses it because he only likes showers. Ha!

When I was having back issues about 3 months ago, the jacuzzi and epsom salt were my best friends! Definitely a great pick me up when you need selfie time to chill out from the rest of the house. Ha!
                  ---------- WENDY ----------

Comment

Double vanity with lots of storage!

Comment

Working...
                    X