Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWYD?

What would you do edition!

DUDE!!!! My new neighbor's dogs are driving me I.N.S.A.N.E!!!

Today this is ALL THEY HAVE DONE-- bark, bark, bark, bark, bark (and so on.....)

I'm a dog person- I LOVE dogs. Our dog- Lucy lou- is our 3rd child. Poor Lucy. She likes to sit outside in the yard bothering NO ONE, not barking back at the neighbor dogs & just looks at them like "WTF is wrong with you!?" The only way they stop is if I make Lucy come back inside (which isn't really fair to her) or their owner brings them inside (WHICH DIDN'T"T HAPPEN ONCE!) *Like I literally timed them- 30 mins solid and then I couldn't stand it any more & called Lucy in. Just this last hour, they barked for a solid 15 minutes until Lucy chose to come inside.

HELP ME! How do I fix this?

They are brand new neighbors- bought the house last month, moved in, proceeded to cut down 9 HUGE pretty Pine trees (so now they are a giant fishbowl & everyone can see ALL their business), and put up a stupid fence that offers NO privacy due to the angle of the hillside (probably to keep stupid dogs from running away!) I have not met them, only because we have been super busy & then I was sick all last week, and to be honest, they don't seem very friendly when they are out & around the house.

How horrid, I would say make something nice and pop over to welcome them to the neighbourhood.
    Maybe just mention how quiet the neighbourhood is and how you love that dogs are welcome etc.
    Without actually telling them their dogs are making you insane. Hopefully they will be friendly and express their dog barking challenges.
    Good luck with whatever you decide.

Comment

I would make a point to speak to them directly before calling animal control. I know that if anyone had issue with my pets, I would prefer they talk to me so I could try to resolve it. I worry a bit because my dogs bark at a stupid squirrel that taunts them. I don't know how to get rid of the squirrel though I always bring my dogs in the house if they are barking non stop and I never let them out too early or late because I respect sleep time

Comment

• AmieN1
        AmieN1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree about talking to me first before contacting animal control! I am planning on baking some cupcakes on Thursday & will have left overs to share with them! Fingers crossed they are just too preoccupied with moving/settling in to acknowledge their dogs! :D

Agree that I think talking to the neighbours would be a good thing. Hopefully the dogs are just noisy because they're trying to establish their new territory and aren't sure what's what ... yet. More Lucy. I'm sure all she wants is a nice quiet patch of sun to lay in.
      ----------KATHERINE----------

Comment

How did it go AmieN1? I've been thinking of this since we have the exact same problem. It's gotten so bad that I'm afraid to let my dogs out now. My dogs don't bark until they are barked at - but then they don't stop barking either until the neighbor's dog is taken inside. It's tough for sure!
        Save

Save

Comment

• AmieN1
          AmieN1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I took them some left over cupcakes as a peace offering, only got to talk to the oldest son, but he did say that he is trying to bring the dogs in when they are barking- so I think I'm not the only one that was complaining about it!

I hope it's gotten better Amie! we just got a dog for the first time ever about 5 months ago and thankfully he's not a barker either! (only when he thinks there's a person threatening his territory, like the neighbor's lawn guy!)

Comment

• AmieN1
          AmieN1 commented
          Editing a comment
          It has for sure! I think I wasn't the only one who complained because as long as they are home, as soon as they start barking, they get called inside. Now if they could just not bark while the owners are gone...
      Working...
      X