chocolate rice krispie treats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chocolate rice krispie treats

I am a mum of 4, and these kids like to bake... and eat... pretty much anything sweet, but I have never made rice krispie treats with them. I've made all sorts of other things, but have never had a rice krispie treat recipe, and this week we decided we wanted to make some - there are sooooo many recipies, I wonder if anyone has a tried and tested recipe they'd be willing to share? I'm looking for one that uses marshmallows AND chocolate - can't seem to find one that has both by googling it. Thanks!

I found this one. Do they sell Chocolate Rice Krispie Cereal by you? Could you use that.
    https://www.dessertfortwo.com/chocol...krispy-treats/

https://www.pinterest.com/ricekrispiesusa/

Here is photo from the back of my box.

Comment

I was going to suggest maybe using Cocoa Krispies cereal instead of regular Rice Krispies, but I did find this https://www.dessertfortwo.com/chocol...krispy-treats/

Comment

Genius idea! thanks ladies, I didn't even think about using the chocolate rice krispies! doh! But that other recipe looks good too, thanks Jam, I do like some salted caramel too!

Comment

Could you also toss in a handful or two of mini chocolate chips?

Comment

• corrin
            corrin commented
            Editing a comment
            hmm, would they be the mini choc chips that you can buy in America where they sell more than one size of chocolate chips? I'd have to add just the regular one-size-fits-all choc chips that they sell over here! I have a recipe for choc krispie treats that doesn't use marshmallows, but they aren't chewy really, so I was wanting a chewy chocolatey one - I know, fussy much?!? I will try the marshmallow recipe with some choco thrown in, they can't be too wrong can they!!

• AmieN1
            AmieN1 commented
            Editing a comment
            We did this & it made them SUPER hard & crunchy because they melted & then solidified so it was tough! Maybe if you sprinkle them on top so they don't completely melt?

We did chocolate not too long ago- I just added a bit of cocoa powder to the marshmallows before mixing in the cereal. We also added some chocolate chips but it made them SUPER hard & crunchy because they melted & then solidified so it was tough to eat (tough on the mouth too- tore up my gums!!!)

Comment

• corrin
            corrin commented
            Editing a comment
            hmm, yes, I didn't think of that. I;m so glad I have the collective brain power of The Digital Press behind my desire for chocolate krispie treats! lol!

Also- my husband always makes the peanut butter version- just add a half cup of smooth pb to the marshmallows before cereal. They are super yummy!

Comment

Wait, what about chocolate marshmallows?!? Or are those just an American thing too? (I still think it’s strange that you don’t have mini chocolate chips in the UK. Next time we come over will bring you a few bags.)

Comment

I am trying to decide if you are winding me up or not! Chocolate marshmallows - it is definetly an idea you should run with if they dont exist yet - and then send them over here!

Comment

Reading this thread ... and my Australian friends will know what I'm talking about ... but I'm thinking Chocolate Crackles ... so good. However, not marshmallow-based ... uses copha instead.

Comment

Working...
                X