How long?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long?

How long have you been scrapbooking? How did you discover digital scrapbooking?

Great question, I paper scrapbooked fifteen years ago and started dabbling with PSE about 10 years ago. I wanted to add brushes to my photos. I took some classes from Jessica Sprague and totally switched to didi scrapping. What was weird was that I was still teaching paper scrapping for a year or two after I had made the switch.
    I started on Design by Tina's creative team and haven't looked back.
    Being on the creative team at Get it Scrapped also helped my design skills unbelievably and I will also be forever grateful to Debbie Hodge for that. I still like my layouts to have the look of a traditional paper layout, with multi-photos. But the amount of goodies I pile on now in my clusters and layers is more about showcasing the awesome designers I create for than anything else.
    I love this hobby, love pairing photos and stories and love being a part of the awesomeness that is the DigitalPressCo.

Comment

I started digiscrapping in 2006, so almost 13 years ago. I was never a paper scrapper, and honestly did not do a lot of memory keeping before that. I have a few photo albums and half started baby books for my kids. I'm still playing catch up on the lives of my older two who were 14 and 11 when I started scrapping.
      I stumbled on this hobby totally by accident. DH was "teaching" me about Photoshop and when I'd ask him how to do something he'd say "go watch tutorials" lol. In my search, I came across a digital scrapbooking site and have been hooked ever since.

Comment

I started paper scrapping back in 1999, right after we got married I stumbled across a Creative Memories consultant. I became a CM consultant myself for a few years, then outgrew that style, and continued paper scrapping for about 10 years. I used to swear that digi scrapping "wasn't the same" lol! then I got sick of all the mess from paper scrapping, sick of all the stuff I had to store in the house to support my habit, and got tired of spending an hour cleaning up after I finished creating a layout. So I decided to give digi scrapping a try in 2009 and a few years later I got rid of everything in my craft room! I felt so liberated getting rid of all the papers, stamps, inks, eyelets, cutters, etc!

Comment

I think I have been scrapping for about 10-12 years. I have always love taking photos, and putting them in albums with bits of paper to tell the story, but I stumbled onto a digiscrapping site by clicking on the link of a photographer that I liked. And was immediately hooked!!

Comment

Yeah, I started paper scrapping about 20 years ago, and then digi-scrapping (same as Jan .... hubby taught me a few tricks ... that I don't use anymore ... and then I figure out the rest myself and with tutorials!) about 10 years ago when I wanted to stamp the names of all the months on a bunch of PL:12-type layouts but didn't want to fork over the $$ for the Stampin' Up set. (I submitted one of those first digital layouts to Creating Keepsakes magazine and actually got published! .... and to this day, the only bound book of scrapbook pages I've ever had printed had the twelve digital two-pagers that resulted from me being too frugal to buy a stamp set!)

Comment

I discovered digital scrapbooking in 2010 I believe. I was a member of the Clickin Moms photography forum at the time, and someone mentioned it and linked a gallery. I was immediately hooked! I couldn't believe I hadn't heard of it before. So I've been digiscrapping for 8ish years.

Comment

I started scrapping with Creative Memories. I have many...many albums with triangles and oval photos. I had so much stuff that I spent more time pulling it out and putting it away than I did scrapping. I can't remember where I found digital scrapping but a number of years ago I found The Daily Digi, which was a monthly subscription and you got kits and they had lots of tips/tricks. (they've since gone away). From there I found other sites and slowly worked on my pages. I started in PSE but several years ago did the PSCC and I love it.

Comment

I started paper scrapbooking back in 1995ish. Horrible pages with pastel cardstock, decorative scissors edges on EVERYTHING, and stenciled titles with magic markers. I'm sure you can image the horror! LOL My style evolved over time, having had a job at the Pebbles in My Pocket physical store for a few years. Then, with the advent of digital cameras and not having to develop film anymore, the whole scrapbooking hobby just kind of died. Poor second child of mine with no scrapbooks because I didn't do anything with my digital photos except collect CDs with the pictures on them! Then in 2014 I found the Project Life app and began using it exclusively up until I saw the CT call her at TDP. Up until I was notified I made the CT did I even attempt to use digital supplies in any way. And now I"m kinda hooked! In fact, just today I learned how to use digital templates! No classes, no instructors, just fiddling around with Photopea (my free solution to not having to buy Photoshop) and some Youtube videos.

Comment

• Hillary
                    Hillary commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh I remember frequenting the Pebbles store back in the paper days. I remember going once not long after I made the jump to digi, and asking if they were going to digitize their Pebbles lines and I thought they were going to throw me out the door! It's too bad that the two industries can't co-exist a little better.

• gwany1999
                    gwany1999 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will agree with you, my daughter has a huge creative memories bound album from her first year...the other two...not so much. At least I have pictures...I have the intentions of doing one digitally...LOL though that hasn't happened!

I took two photos from some of the albums...they are so bad (at least compared to now). I still don't get the triangles in the corner. But at the end of the day the pages are there and so is the story!

Comment

I posted my first layout in the GS gallery in July of 2010 and have been hooked ever since. I taught myself how to do it all though tutorials for Paint shop pro. Very few are geared to scrap-booking though so I also used photo shop scrap-booking tutorials and adapted them to my program the best I could. Most of what I have learned, template use, cut outs, ect are self taught. This coming from someone who had never even used a computer before I decided to digi scrap, so if you think you never will be able to catch on DON'T because if I could teach myself with the little that was out there then you can too with all there is available now.

Comment

Over 20 years now for me....and never ending!
                      I designed on creative teams for several scrapbooking manufacturing companies before and recently in the past three years leaned into hybrid scrapbooking.

It's crazy to believe my start began with a Creative Memories party from a co-worker. I still have those freebie blue handled scissors they would give to each attendee. Ha!
                      My style is SO FAR from the sticker sneeze from that lay of the land now. HA!
                      ---------- WENDY ----------

Comment

Good question! I've been scrapbooking probably 15 years or more - might even be close to 20 at this stage. I used to be a paper scrapper, mostly using Creative Memories (and loved going to the crops to hang out and get all creative!) ... and happened to stumble upon digital while Googling something. The store (2Ps) is no longer, but it got me hooked. I can't go back to paper anymore. I get frustrate with it and find it too restrictive ... and I'm a bit of computer geek, so digital all the way, baby!

Comment

I've been scrapbooking since I was a kid (probably 8 or 9?), and started with DOTS & Stampin' Up (rubber stamps and stickers, remember Suzy's Zoo stickers? Those were my fav!) and eventually got into digital scrapbooking about 10 years ago using a program called Scrapbooking Deluxe. It worked ok, but had no great way to do drop shadows. I eventually got into using Photoshop (using random tutorials online). In the last 2 years I got way into the Project Life App and got caught up after perpetually being 7 years behind. Now I do a combination of app only pages, some combo app/PS pages, and some Photoshop only pages.

Comment

Working...
                          X