My son is home and better!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son is home and better!

Just wanted to share...after three days in the hospital (again) - he's finally migraine free after 5 long weeks of being in constant pain. It was a very emotionally draining process, the first 24 hours he was nearly constantly nauseated yet had no improvement in the migraine pain at all. He begged us to take him home so many times. Then bit by bit the pain started going away with each of the subsequent DHE treatments, and finally this afternoon it went away completely. To see his happy, bubbly, silly, funny personality back again after so many weeks of misery is the best gift EVER.

MANY scrapbook layouts will follow, lol. I am passionate about photographing our daily lives, good and bad, and I got some of all of it throughout our hospital stay. Some of the most amazing medical professionals, such caring and giving volunteers who brought a little relief to him with games and toys, and even PUPPY THERAPY!

thank you so much for all your thoughts, suggestions, and for sharing your own experiences. It's nice to feel supported <3

OH my! I'm so happy he has found some relief!

Comment

Such great news. So happy for you.

Comment

Glad he's feeling better!

Comment

So refreshing to hear this good news Beckie!!
          ---------- WENDY ----------

Comment

Great news to hear, I do trust that he will remain pain free for a long time now.

Comment

Ohh that's such great news!! I hope he continues to be pain free!

Comment

So very happy to hear this, what a relief for you all!

Comment

Very glad to hear he is finally back to his usual self!

Comment

Oh good! I am glad he is feeling better.
                    ----- HILLARY -----

Comment

That is great, thanks for keeping us all in the loop! And yay for puppy therapy, I bet that is brilliant 😁

Comment

That's fantastic! And I learned something today, I hadn't heard of DHE treatments before.
                        Sandy AKA SandyPie

Comment

• g8rbeckie
                          g8rbeckie commented
                          Editing a comment
                          yes. and sadly he got a migraine 24 hrs after being home. luckily we had nasal DHE which we gave him at the onset of the migraine and it stopped it! so if you aren't having luck with any of the triptan drugs you should ask a neurologist about nasal DHE.

Awesome news! So happy for both you and your son. Did the drs ever figure out what triggered such horrible migraines to begin with?

Comment

Working...
                        X