Any fun plans this weekend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fun plans this weekend?

I'm basically just chilling out at home. Some work, cleaning, homeschool planning, and hopefully lots of scrapping going on! We haven't done anything much for the past several weeks due to yucko weather.

How about you? Doing anything fun?

We went to the pet store this morning so that I could practice saying no. No, you cannot get fish today. No, you cannot get a Barbie-sized toilet to put in your fish tank. No, you cannot get a turtle, even though that's a slider, not a turtle. No, you cannot get a chameleon (internal monologue on that one was "those are much cuter in cartoons than they are in real life"). No, you cannot get a bird. No, you cannot get a snake. (That's not really why we went to the pet store ... but I sure am glad I had that opportunity to say no about a thousand times.)

And now it's snowing and blowing and the temperature is dropping, so I'm thinking that I'm just going to hide out and scrapbook while my husband shares his childhood passion of crushing broken toys in a bench-top vise with our son and the neighbor kid. There are chores that could get done, but, meh. It's snowing.

Comment

Well you might have snow Carrie, but we have clear blue skies and some sunshine! Yay! It is still pretty cold, but I kept warm my moving a bunch of stuff out of our garden shed, to repair/cover a hole where "something" is getting in While we were at it, we sorted some stuff and took it to the dump too, so all in all a successful kinda day.

Comment

Here in Navarre, Florida, the weather has been stellar today! 77F! Yep, sorry...
        So, I went out for a bit this a.m. for errands. My Yorkie, Principessa, went with me. She LIVES for a car ride! The girl does better on road trips than my dear hubby. HA!
        It's 4:21pm and I'm in for the day. Getting things on my calendar for the week and some hybrid scrapbooking this afternoon. ME time is much needed!
        ---------- WENDY ----------

Comment

• gwany1999
          gwany1999 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your dog's name is awesome!

• Wendy Morris-Saponaro
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!!! My husband is 100% Italian, so it's Princess in Italian. Oh, and she is every bit her name!
          She's my ride or die bestie!!!

My only plan for this weekend was to rent and watch Bohemian Rhapsody, which I did last night!! Other than that it's been pretty quiet and peaceful. I did take my son to get some new shoes and found a cute pair for me on sale for $12!

Comment

We are installing new flooring in our home office. I can't wait to get my office put back together. I envision a very lovely space.

Comment

Worked for a few hours yesterday - dinner with the hubs and groceries … today we've chilled out all day long as we are watching it snow - and snow. 5+ inches so far (and more coming on Wednesday!)

Comment

Going to my brother's new home in Detroit. Celebrate my mom's birthday. Take my oldest son to his Wrestling Awards Banquet. Depending on my daughter, I might pick. her up from college. Go to church, sleep and scrap.

Comment

Not really, it's weird though now that 2/3 of the "children' live in a flat and Varisty residence, I so look forward to having them back on the weekends, so even if we have nothing planned I have shopped for treats and have ingredients on hand to spoil them. And I love just hanging out with them, realising afresh how short this season will be.
                Scrap, take photos, church.

Comment

I don't have much planned either. I need to clean and scrap! I'm cringing inside though because apparently we are supposed to be getting another big storm this weekend, and I have to drive to a nearby town - 45 minutes away - so it's probably going to take me an hour and a half. Ug!

Comment

This will be the first weekend my son has been feeling well in 6 weeks. I'm looking forward to ME time. like "everyone leave mommy alone because she's binge watching netflix and scrapping" time!!

Comment

This weekend we are taking a little trip to Utah to watch a Jazz game. Looking forward to a little get away.

Comment

Working...
                      X