Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Recipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Recipes

I recently acquired an Instant Pot, and I've got to say, it's pretty awesome. I'm always on the lookout for new recipes to try. What are your favorites? If you're not down with the pressure cooker, I'll take slow cooker recipes too (most can be adapted to pressure cooking).

I'll be following this thread for sure. I don't use my instapot nearly as much as I would like to. I've only used it a few times. I will look for the recipe that I tried and liked and share it here later.

Comment

Oooh I adore my pressure cooker because I am the worst for remembering to set things out to thaw. I love that I can cook from frozen in no time. My son's favorite is really simple - chicken, chicken broth, and some lemon pepper...then serve over noodles.
      Last weekend, I made chicken pot pie - chicken, frozen veggies, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and milk. Made the biscuits separately.
      I made beef stew last week - browned stew cubes, beef broth, potatoes, onions
      I'm the worst for actually recipes...I tend to just dump hahah
      Another good one is Salsa chicken...just chicken and a jar of salsa thrown in there.
      I'll be back if I think of more

Comment

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the awesome ideas, Jan! I assume you use high pressure on that lemon chicken .... how long do you cook it?

• IntenseMagic
        IntenseMagic commented
        Editing a comment
        caliten From frozen, I cook it at high pressure for about 12 minutes...sometimes 15 min if they or bigger or I use more of them

Here are a couple of our favorites:

Instant Pot Apples: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/264938390560507821/ (the first time I made this, I followed the recipe and there "wasn't enough" for my family of four. So the next time I doubled it (could've used less-than-double cinnamon, IMO) and they complained that there were no leftovers.)
      Slow-Cooker Barbacoa: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/452541462533694078/
      Fall-apart Pot Roast: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/452541462553806220/
      Instant Pot Pulled Pork: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/452541462553806193/
      Instant Pot "Rotisserie" Chicken: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AVv2-t...NdHnUtyj3w6kc/
      Last edited by caliten; 02-02-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohhhh thank you for this!!!!

Here is the link to that recipe I was refering to above. Good comfort food but not the most "clean eating" dish
      https://www.adventuresofanurse.com/2...crack-chicken/

Comment

Okay I'm bookmarking all the links you guys are posting. I have one and use it for oatmeal and boiled eggs. I definitely need to use it for other things as life is hectic here and I'm tired of relying on fast food!
        Save
        Save

Comment

Hubby got me one for my birthday which is Monday and I can't wait to use it. I am bookmarking this. I am hoping to cook keto friendly meals in it.

Comment

It just so happens that my wife has written two cookbooks on slow cooker recipes! (101 Things to Do with a Slow Cooker & 101 MORE Things to do with a Slowcooker)! Here's a couple of family favorites:

Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 pound boneless chicken, cooked and shredded
            1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
            1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
            1 medium onion, chopped
            1 can (14 ounces) chopped green chilies
            2 cloves garlic, minced
            2 cups water
            1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
            1 can (15 ounces) whole kernal corn, with liquid (or two cups frozen corn)
            1 teaspoon cumin
            1 teaspoon chili powder
            1/4 teaspoon crushed bay leaves
            1 tablespoon dried chopped cilantro

Combine all ingredients in a greased 4 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker.
            Cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours or on high heat 3-4 hours. Makes
            8-10 servings.

Serve with tortilla chips and garnish with grated pepper-jack cheese and guacamole.

Shredded Ham Sandwiches

2 pounds shredded ham
            1 bottle (20 ounces) cola*
            1 bottle (16 ounces) barbecue sauce

Combine all ingredients in a greased 3 ½ – 4 ½ quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat 4-5 hours or on low hear 8-10 hours. Using a slotted spoon, remove ham and serve on warm hamburger buns. Makes 6-8 servings.

*DO NOT use diet soda for this recipe.

Carrot Cake

1 box (about 18 ounces) carrot cake mix
            1 box (3 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding
            3 eggs
            1 cup light sour cream
            1 cup water
            2/3 cup canola oil

Combine all ingredients by hand in a large bowl, until well mixed. Pour batter into a greased slow cooker or greased foil or glass pan. Cover with paper towels sandwiched between the slow cooker stoneware and lid. Cook on high heat 3 – 4 hours. When cake is done, remove from slow cooker and let cook 15 minutes before cutting. Serve alone or with cream cheese frosting. Makes 10-15 servings.

Spinach Artichoke Dip

1 package (10 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed, drained and chopped
            1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
            ½ cup Alfredo sauce
            ½ cup mayonnaise
            ¼ teaspoon salt
            1 teaspoon black pepper
            1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Combine all ingredients in a greased 1 ½ quart greased slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat 1 – 1 ½ hours, stirring frequently. Serve warm with crackers. Makes 10-15 appetizer servings.

Mint Brownies

1 package (about 21 ounces) brownie mix
            2 eggs
            ¼ cup water
            ½ cup canola oil
            ½ cup chopped Andes Mint Candies (available by the bag near the chocolate chips, or hand chop individually wrapped whole Andes Mints)

In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil. Stir only until combined. Fold in Andes mint candy. Pour batter into prepared pan. Cover with paper towels sandwiched between the slow cooker stoneware and lid. Cook on low heat 4 ½ – 6 hours. When done, allow to cool 15 minutes before cutting. Makes 8-10 servings.

Creamy Chicken Soft Tacos

4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
            1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
            1 cup sour cream
            Flour Tortillas

Place chicken in a greased 3 ½ – 4 ½ quart slow cooker. Pour salsa over the top. Cover and cook on high heat 6-8 hours or on low heat 10-12 hours. Shred chicken by pulling apart with two forks or potato masher. During last 30 minutes of cooking stir in sour cream. To serve, fold chicken mixture into a warm tortilla. Makes 8-10 servings.

Comment

Working...
            X