Does anyone else bullet journal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else bullet journal?

I found this about 18 months ago and it's the ONLY system that has ever worked for me! if you haven't heard of it, go to this website and watch the video introduction - you'll see the "man's way" to bullet journal. then go to Pinterest and search "bullet journal" and you'll see WOMEN'S way! lol.

anyhow, I just wanted to see if there were any other BuJo folks here I have a super formal/professional job and I still use washi tape and cute doodles in my bullet journal! turns out - that's what has kept me interested in being organized! I also have plenty of doodle time during long boring meetings!

also, if you're on IG you can follow hashtags like "minimalbujo" and others.

so - anyone else BuJo?

I don't, but I'd love to try! I have one, but haven't really used it at all yet! Thanks for the tips on finding inspiration and I'm going to follow along here, too!!

Comment

Originally posted by IntenseMagic View Post
      I don't, but I'd love to try! I have one, but haven't really used it at all yet! Thanks for the tips on finding inspiration and I'm going to follow along here, too!!
      i love it because I found that the fixed planners just never worked for me. Some days I had very little going on, other days I'd have 2 full pages of meeting notes, etc. And I generally prefer to use my cell phone calendar for keeping me on-time for daily activities. But the bullet journal is such a great way to plan out the things you want/need to do, and to track progress, do future planning (like vacations, school schedules, etc). And being able to touch and feel cute pens and washi tape and put them to paper is like a balm to my soul lol!!

so good luck! What journal do you have? I use this one - I'm actually on my 2nd one!

Comment

• megscottstudio
        megscottstudio commented
        Editing a comment
        That journal looks really nice. I will have to flag this for later because I am just starting out with bullet journaling.

I do!!! Mine is super simple, no decoration or doodles, just efficiency. My only fanciness is using calligraphy pens to write my titles... and even that is optional! LOL I love how flexible and personalized this system is, it really fit the user's needs.

Comment

I have looked at lots of them online but never made the jump. I use a planner and really like to keep track of lists and such there. So I guess I do in a very minimal way.

Comment

• chloe
          chloe commented
          Editing a comment
          I think a bujo would be a great fit if you like your planner to be more than "just" a planner!

I highly recommend watching the video! you basically get the freedom of picking any notebook or journal you like and learning to construct the right planning pages inside to help you manage what matters most. Just google "bullet journal" on pinterest and you'll see what I mean! and know that you don't have to make yours artistic, that's just some of the fun people have when they do theirs.

Comment

I'm a planner girl - and everything goes into it ... work projects, to-do lists, scrapping commitments, appointments ... I keep looking at bullet journaling and it seems all too confusing for me LOL I'm a write it down, cross it off kinda gal.

Comment

• g8rbeckie
            g8rbeckie commented
            Editing a comment
            watch the video! it's actually super awesome for lists and tracking progress against them.

But I totally understand that what works for some doesn't work for others. I can't make a traditional planner work to save my life!

Originally posted by g8rbeckie View Post

i love it because I found that the fixed planners just never worked for me. Some days I had very little going on, other days I'd have 2 full pages of meeting notes, etc. And I generally prefer to use my cell phone calendar for keeping me on-time for daily activities. But the bullet journal is such a great way to plan out the things you want/need to do, and to track progress, do future planning (like vacations, school schedules, etc). And being able to touch and feel cute pens and washi tape and put them to paper is like a balm to my soul lol!!

so good luck! What journal do you have? I use this one - I'm actually on my 2nd one!
          I just got this one - Jewel Floral Travelers Notebook and I'm loving it so far. I took out the planner insert that came with it and replaced it with my own that was more functional. I have an insert for TN layouts and photos, and another bullet journal insert. I've been using it for a brain dump and the planner section for things that have definite dates. I am really bad at using any kind of digital or phone planner. I do much better when I actually write things down, and it makes me happy

Comment

I watched the video and find it intriguing. I think I will implement some of the ideas into my passion planner. Thanks for sharing the information.

Comment

I honestly hadn't heard of this before now! I now have something to watch tonight so I thank you for this!
              Save

Save

Comment

I started out as a paper scrapper 20 years ago, so I have a long, long love affair with stickers and paper and pens. Now that I bullet journal, I use my plain grid-paper journal and I get to decorate up every new page spread. I use my washi tape, I have some tombow brush pens, and a few nice faber castel black ink pens. Instead of procrastinating on my planning (like I did for YEARS, to the point that I was never able to make a planner system work), I now look forward to it. It's my little treat to myself during the work week to take a few minutes at a time, several times a week, to pretty up my pages and I stay super organized with the bullet system!

Comment

I recently purchased the book "Dot Journaling - a practical guide" on Amazon by Rachel Wilkerson Miller.
                  I have some blank bullet journals and looking forward to diving into it!
                  ---------- WENDY ----------

Comment

Working...
                  X