It's Christmas!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Christmas!!

This is my favorite part of the year! I'm so ready to decorate and watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas music and make cookies!

But... I am trying, as I always do, to restrain a bit until after Thanksgiving...

Who else gets pumped about all things Christmas? I can't be the only one, right??

I love Christmas time, I love decorate the tree. and my second son too. if I listen him, he would like the tree for his birthday (27th of october) but I think it's a bit early. he loves all the lights...

Comment

I think we are going to put up our trees (yes, plural) this week-end- yikes, I know! Way early! But we just enjoy them with the white lights - no decorating until after Thanksgiving.

Comment

My husband started watching Christmas movies last night. I'm waiting on the request to put up the tree lol. I'd like to wait a couple more weeks, but I might be out voted!

Comment

We don’t decorate for Christmas until after December 2 (son’s bday), but sometimes we do find, cut down and put up a tree the weekend before (but never before Thanksgiving). Like kaphelps, we do white lights and leave it that way for awhile, but eventually the kids get their way and they decorate the tree (only the side facing the room, and only up as high as they can reach).
          Last edited by caliten; 11-09-2018, 08:43 AM.

Comment

I love Christmas... It's my favorite holiday and I have already been watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel. We usually put up the tree the weekend before Thanksgiving and then decorate it on Thanksgiving Day. I have 4 different sets of decorations...Victorian (mauve,burgundy, & creams with tons of crystals and lace), Winter wonderland (blues,silver and white with tons of snowy sparkly things), Hallmark (Filled with whimsical Hallmark ornament collected over the last 40 years) and my family tree (red,white and silver with b/w photos of all my ancestors in individual ornate pewter frames).... still trying to decide which tree to do this year. I can't wait!

Comment

I do LOVE Christmas, but I wait until 1st December to really start. I can listen to Christmas music all year though (not the really cheesy songs, just some of my favs, like Pentatonix).

Donna I would never be able to control myself, or my kids to stick with one set of decorations - they would ALL be on the tree each year!! My tree does generally look a bit crazy, with the children still at home and in charge of decorating it, everything they ever made goes up each year! I love it that way for now, but one day I dream of a pretty co-ordinated and just "lightly decorated" tree!

Comment

LOVE Christmas!!! I dont decorate until the day after thanksgiving (unless we are out of town, then I'll do some before turkeyday!) But I've been listening to music & watching a hallmark movie here & there!

Comment

And my husband officially lost his mind! He went and got the tree and put it up a little while ago! I told him only crazy people have their trees up and he said that's why we should have ours up lol. He is out of control!!

Comment

Working...
                  X