Films galore!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Films galore!

I seem to have been on a bit of a film catch up lately, and have been to the cinema a few times, and caught up on a few on nowTV (a bit like netflix), but I am wondering which other films I have missed in the last year or so it feels like there were several films that I thought "oh I'd like to see that" - and then didn't make it! So, what films have you enjoyed in the last year-ish?!

I like and have seen most of the Marvel/DC comic films (still need to see Black Panther and Infinity War), and the Guernsey Litereary & Poatato Peel Pie Society (as always, I thought the book was better!), I thought Jumanji was great, and Oceans 8 too. I have also just seen Mama Mia 2 - I laughed, and cried, and sang along with lots of older ladies sitting further along our row!

What else have I missed?!

Hubby and me both loved Jumanji too! With the same actor we loved Rampage a lot too.
    We are both big action/adventure/super heroes fans so we saw all the Marvels/DC comics movies. I have to say Black Panther might not be the best of all. I've seen so many I can't remember which ones were the best lol.
    Ready Player One was nice too.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      oh yes, ready player one looked good, I will add that one to my wish list!

I want to see Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society, can only recommend Mama Mia 2, haven't seen many movies at all this year - but that was a highlight for me.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      It is funny to think that the same actress plays the blonde, young Donna in Mama Mia, and then the main, brunette in Potato Peel Pie Society!

I don't see many movies, but I also enjoyed Jumanji when it came out on DVD. The only movies I've been to see in the theater are ones that my 13 year old wanted to see... The First Purge and Slender Man. He is now anxiously awaiting our trip to see the new Halloween movie. I don't remember when it came out, I think it's been well over a year, but I really liked Get Out also. It was another I didn't see until DVD release.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't heard of any of those! :o I will have a look, maybe they would be fun for my 9yr old!

• crazsquaw
      crazsquaw commented
      Editing a comment
      Get Out was creepy good!

corrin those are more teenager-adult movies, not recommended for a 9yr old

I want to see Crazy Rich Asians - everyone I know that's seen it loved the movie! And then, not great reviews, but dude, muppets and inappropriate humor, The HappyTime Murders.

Comment

• Jazz2000
      Jazz2000 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll go with you!

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      they are noth new to me too - I"m sure they will turn up here eventually!

We just watched Red Sparrow yesterday with hubby and oh my! This was awesome! We watched so many movies with hubby that sometimes you can guess easily where things are going, who is the good guy bad guy etc but this movie has surprised us up until the end! I haven't seen a spy movie so good for a long time!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      I love it when the ending is a surprise!!

I loved Black Panther... the visuals were outstanding... I also recently saw Victoria and Abdul and really like it! Oh and we saw Incredibles two with my grand niece/nephew. It was cute.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I have seen the Incredibles with my kids, and Hotel Transylvania 3 - I think I usually see more for/with the kids than just for me! Victoria & Abdul - good old Judy Dench, I love her in everything she does!

I can't remember the last time I was in an actual movie theater. I usually just watch Netlflix. Last movie I can clearly remember seeing at the theater was the new Murder on the Orient Express. We took our kids & I watched their reactions to the ending. I wish I could have taken pics of it. lol. My younger sons had their jaw drop!

I do want to see Crazy Rich Asians and now Red Sparrow, maybe. I usually don't like spy movies, but since Nina gave it such high praise.

There's a rumor that Idris Alba may play the new James Bond; I'll only go see the movie if he's in it. He is sooooo good! I love him in Luther tv series.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      mmm Idris Elba has a lovely voice! I don't really picture him as the new Bond but I am never any good at guessing who they will be!

I very rarely go to the movies, but for a friend's birthday she wanted us all to go to a movie watching party. The movie showed was the old classic "Clue" from the 80's (with Tim Curry). and when you entered the theater they gave us all these props - a cap gun, a bell to ring, and a flashlight. And as people entered and exited through the door you rang your bell along with it, any time someone was killed we shot off our cap guns, and as they were searching the house we all flashed our flashlights around the theater. If you knew the words you were encouraged to say them along, when they did the "for he's a jolly good fellow" song we all sung along. it was SO MUCH FUN!! the kids loved it.

it was at one of those movie places that has food delivered to your seat too, and i love that too!

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      sounds like brilliant fun!!

• crazsquaw
      crazsquaw commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that sounds like a lot of fun!

We have young kids- so most of our movies out are family ones- unless we can get a sitter! The newest movie coming out that I want to see is A Simple Favor- I'm reading the book right now. We do have all the stupid premium channels (HBO,SHOWTIME, etc) so we watch a lot at home right after the kids go to bed. Our recent fave is 3 Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri. It has A LOT of bad language- but it was a great movie!

Comment

Most of the movies I see are with 4 of my grandies (9, 2, 2, 4mo) so lots of kiddo shows LOL But great fun...until you think about how many times I have seen Trolls, Baby Boss, etc :D

I did see Get Out a while back and it is a creepy GOOD movie! I used to love to watch super natural movies, but had a little nightmare-ish issue a couple of years ago and haven't had the nerve to watch another, I really am bummed! I want to see many listed here already, I haven't seen most of them. Crazy Rich Asians looks great, I have a hard time not seeing her as the mom on Fresh Off The Boat though Hahahahahaha!!

I have found that books usually are better than the movies, as a rule.

And oh yes, I will definitely watch 007 if Idris is acting! ♥ I think it is a fantastic idea to switch it up to an actor who isn't white, been too long actually. And I have been in love with Sam Elliott as long as I can remember, I just added The Hero to my que (on Hulu I think?) and I can't wait to watch it!

Comment

Working...
      X