Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone seen the new Solo film (Star Wars)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen the new Solo film (Star Wars)?

I am hoping to take the kids to see it this weekend, they are big star wars fans, so we are pretty excited! But I am wondering if anyone else has seen it already? Is it as good as the hype?!? As good as Star Wars (the original ones!)?

I am not a huge star wars fan. I like it but don't get overly into it. I thought it was ok but no, I don't think it's as good as the originals.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      To be fair, it might be impossible to live up to the originals! But I do rather like to hear that someone thought it was ok, and not fantastic, it means it doesn't have such a build up in my mind, and then I won't feel let down if I also find it just ok!

We saw it last weekend. It thought it was good, the rest of the fam thought it was great. I did like that it provided background info on Han and some of the 'established' relationships and references in the Star Wars series (e.g., Han & Chewie, and the Kessel run), but it left me with a bunch of questions about seemingly important characters who didn't appear in the other series. I'm hoping maybe there are a few more Solo movies in the queue so that we're not left hanging.

And my kids would probably want you and yours to know that there are some kissing scenes ... they find them wholly unnecessary to ANY storyline.

Comment

• corrin
      corrin commented
      Editing a comment
      "Ugh, do we have to hear the kissing part?" - mine will definitely agree with yours about that bit!

I haven't, and probably won't, but my step son loved it!

Comment

Working...
    X