what are you up to?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are you up to?!

Hey everyone, just wondering what you are up to? Are you busy doing something fun? Or do you have any plans for the weekend?

Saturday is proving a crazy day for us, my son has his soccer final but we might have to pull him out early to get him (and one of his sisters) to their "driving experiences" - they are pretty excited to try driving! Meanwhile my oldest is at an activity/survival day all day, and my yougest is going to have a blast playing with his cousins for the day. It is all going on on Saturday!

I am currently getting over sun poisoning. We went to the beach last Thursday for almost three hours. It was around 70, overcast, and windy. We TOOK sunscreen, but promptly forgot completely about it. We all got burnt. Fortunately, everyone else just had a sunburn, but I got sun poisoning, probably thanks to my incredibly fair skin. Every part of my body not covered by my swimsuit has been swollen and painful. I am on the mend, but still not there.

HOPEFULLY, I feel mostly better by Friday because we're taking a day trip to the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville. We went once last year and absolutely loved it, so we're going back.

Comment

• Jheri
      Jheri commented
      Editing a comment
      Sunburns are no fun, I hope you feel better soon.

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch.

Today is Administrative Professionals Day - my hat goes off to all that celebrate today! -- and we're ordering in BBQ for lunch I'm off tomorrow and Friday - headed to colonial Williamsburg and VA Beach for a few days. It's all rain today (just like yesterday), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the sun to appear ... eek! Planning ... hoping ... to take lots of photos for scrapping when I get back - just in time for National Scrapbooking Day!

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      Have fun at Williamsburg and the beach!

GlazeFamily3 - ahhh Desi - that sounds awful - and covering so many parts of you! I bet it hurrts to move at all! I hope you are MUCH better for the weekend, anything that includes the word "rocket" sounds like fun to me!!

Kat Hansen - perfect timing for a trip (right before NSD!), I hope you have a great time, in the sunshine!! We had our first BBQ of the year last week, Im hoping there will be more in our future very soon!

Comment

• GlazeFamily3
      GlazeFamily3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. pretty sure when I move I am looking exactly like that emoji thing lol.

GlazeFamily3 Eeeeek Desi, the last time I burnt that bad was when I was 13 years old. I vowed never to trust the sun (or lack thereof) EVER again!

Comment

• GlazeFamily3
      GlazeFamily3 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am right there with you. I will NEVER not use sunscreen again. It is ridiculous how much this hurts.

I got sunburned badly like that in college (woohoo, spring break in Florida!) despite having sunblock on. Not only did I pass out more than once that night, It took a week before I could even wear a bra (good thing I lived in Upstate New York and baggy sweatshirts were totally in fashion). I cringe at the memory. Heal fast girl!

My kids have a random day off from school tomorrow because their teachers are participating in a rally at the state capitol .... and there aren’t enough subs in the district to cover all the absent teachers.

Hubs and I are currently attempting to reach a compromise regarding this weekend. He thinks we should go camping. I disagree.

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, bears, mountain lions (we haven't seen either of these, but the neighbors insist they're around), foxes (these we have seen! They're a local hybrid of black foxes and I think red foxes with an interesting backstory about a fox fur farm on the other side of the valley that went belly-up and just released all their ... stock), and the neighbors' two Weimerarners (or however it's spelled) who we see pretty regularly. Those dogs are cheeky enough to come and steal food right off the table when we're sitting at it. At least the wild critters wait until we go inside.

• Jheri
      Jheri commented
      Editing a comment
      Camping... I am so not a camper... I wanna be.. but not in a tent.. I want to camp in a motor home

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I grew up camping, but now the thought of it makes me cringe so bad....I HATE BUGS!

Oh, sunburn on cloudy days in the worst!! Did that in my early 20's - girlfriend and I escaped for a girls weekend and decided to hit the beach. The staff of the camp grounds were all like, "Oh, wow, you two" ... and we just looked at each other like, "What?!" We had NO IDEA just now burned we had gotten!!! Yeah, that soon came back to bite us in the rear end ... showers stung like I don't know what ... aloe gel - well, we went through tubes of that stuff!! Good thing she was a long-time childhood friend!! First - and last! - time that I've ever been sunburnt between my toes, the soles of my feet - and ouch, behind the knees!

Comment

Try driving... ekkk I don't miss those days, make sure you take lots of photos and wear your seatbelt.

My husband is working night shift this weekend so for me it will be a whole lotta be quiet,
      It's suppose to be rainy this weekend so it might a great time to catch up on some scrapping.

Comment

We actually have nothing planned for the weekend! I am soooo looking forward to getting the yard cleaned up (trimming shrubs, pulling a few pesky weeds, and taking some trash to the dump).

My Gallery

Comment

• caliten
          caliten commented
          Editing a comment
          When you’re done, y’all can come on over and do my yard too.

GlazeFamily3 We were at my son's baseball tournament up in the mountains and my other son who was patiently watching the double-header with me got so sun burned - we were just happy to be in the cooler weather and did apply sunscreen but obviously too little too late! Now he is dealing with the peeling which is equally as annoying for a teenager. Hope you are feeling better and not dealing with the peeling.

Our "plans" are all up in the air - Arizona teachers are out on strike! It's such a hard issue. My kids were like "yaaasss" but then I reminded them they will be making up the days at the end of the school year - ugg. Hoping for a resolution soon.

Comment

• caliten
          caliten commented
          Editing a comment
          My kids are off school for a similar reason today, but we won’t have to make it up at the end of the year because we haven’t had any snow full days this school year (they plan for something like 5 a year around here - Colorado). I’m guessing though that in Arizona they don’t incorporate snow days into your schedule.

We have a LONG weekend. the 27th is a public holiday and May 1st also with the school being off on the 30th. Planning to escape to a friends holiday house - even though we just got back from our anniversary safari and I still have so much washing to do from that. But its raining! yay to rain in Cape Town we desperately need it. I have to make space on my pc and external hard drive for NSD on the 5th too - that's important.

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          yay for rain, I often think of you when it rains here and I wish it wouldn't!!

• Hillary
          Hillary commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope it rained a good amount for you guys!

Well, yesterday I had to work- but today is my normal thursday- kids just left for school, laundry is going, robbie the roomba is running & here I am drinking my coffee & perusing the forum! Later tonight we have a baseball game for my son & the science fair for my daughter. This weekend, we are going to our local college (Gonzaga!!) baseball game since Decs' team was invited to tour the clubhouse, participate in batting practice & then be out on the field for the national anthem- as well as get in the game for free! That's going to take up most of our Saturday & Sunday is my MIL bday, so I imagine we'll be doing dinner or lunch with them! Phew...

Comment

caliten No, no snow days planned around here so we'll have to suck it up - and of course by then it will be about 110 degrees - maybe we should plan for heat days!

Comment

• Hillary
            Hillary commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that hotter than normal? It seems too early for it to be that hot already.

Hillary - yea, maybe- mid/late June is usually the worst temperature wise - then you're talking 115 ish almost daily - ugg.
            Last edited by kaphelps; 04-26-2018, 05:53 PM.

I am slap in the middle of the busiest week ever!!! A project for work that I thought I had until May 11 to complete, is now due May 4 and being sneak peeked early next week. The procrastinator in me is paying dearly. Between that and my son's baseball schedule, I'm seriously crazy right now. I have to go to a surprise 50th birthday for a friend of mine on Sunday, and I'll probably be working most of the rest of the weekend. I keep looking forward thinking by the time NSD gets here, I'll be done and ready to relax and play!! Of course, my grass will be up to my knees, but pfffft priorities!

Comment

Working...
          X