Spring blizzard anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring blizzard anyone?

Spring? Is it ever going to come? We had a blizzard in our area (Minnesota) yesterday. I think we got about a foot of snow. It's quite pretty outside actually. I'm not thinking about the fact that I've got a foot of snow and I probably should help blow the snow in a little bit. Good times. Anyone else enjoying (ok, not enjoying) major winter storms when they really should be enjoying spring weather?

It's all in the attitude though. It really is pretty outside and I do know that spring will EVENTUALLY be here. We've got a German exchange student staying with us for 2 weeks and I wish we could have taken her out to see the Mall of America yesterday. We had fun staying in and playing games though so hey ... make the best of it, right? She did enjoy having quiet time at home too so I'm happy about that.

ALSO ... so weird. We had thunder during the snow storm. I don't think I've experienced that before. You?
    Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
    Save

I experienced thunder snow for the first time when I lived in upstate New York. It's not common, but it's cool.

We had roller coaster weather last week here on the Front Range - temps in the mid 70s on Wednesday and Thursday, then snow (a couple of inches of the wet, heavy spring stuff), then sunny again yesterday and today (temps only into the 50s yesterday and today). There's rain and snow in our forecast for next weekend too. Oh well. It is what it is, and we'll take the water any way we can get it right now.

Comment

It has been freezing rain and ice pellets here in Ontario since Saturday morning. It is supposed to continue through to the wee hours of the night. I am so ready for nice weather and sunshine.

Comment

Ohh I am sorry for the unrelenting winter We had thundersnow in MI, but I'm thankful those days are over for me now that we live in Texas. I hope you get your spring soon!!
        Save
        Save

Comment

No snow here, but 80+ on Saturday, sunny and absolutely gorgeous! Opened the windows, sat on the patio. Even put my winter clothes away.

I should have known better.

Sunday (and today) ... 50 degrees, rain and flood warnings.

Comment

Things are looking a little sunnier over here (the children all went back to school today, so of course the sun came out of hiding!). I hope the sun is here to stay, and I'm sorry for your blizzard!!

Comment

We had a thunder/snow storm up here in Fargo a few weeks ago. I thought there was something going on with trains until we saw lighting. lol
              I am sooooooooo happy to finally see 50s in our forecast this week. This snow and stuff is annoying, but more so when we never get any spring like days in between!!! It hasn't hit 50 here since November.

Comment

Working...
              X