Stinky sneakers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinky sneakers!

Has anyone got a good solution for stinky sneakers? My daughter has some that she loves and although I warned and nagged about wearing socks, she has often worn them without, and so now they stink! I have washed them (often!), but they still smell. I wondered if anyone knows any clever tips to help me out! So far soaking them overnight in laundry detergent has worked, but it hasn't completely solved the problem!

I have no suggestions, but I am keeping an eye on this thread because I have a stinky shoe offender at my house too.

My Gallery

Comment

Ugh... I don't know.... we have thrown many a pair of shoes/boots out because Avery won't wear socks. It's so gross! Sorry, I'm no help... and sorry for the stinky shoes!
      Save

Comment

We have the same problem! I now make sure that they alternate & not wear the same shoes ALL DAY, EVERY day! We have had good success with the gold bond powder you sprinkle in the shoes over night & on our rare sunny days I will set them out in the sun (natural deoderizer)- I do the same with the boys' gross unwashable hockey gear. Blech!

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't know that about sunshine, so all I need is some sunshine and I'll give that one a try!

My Mom used to place citrus peels (lemons, oranges or limes) in my brother's stinky shoes overnight. It would work, but only for a couple of days. Or she would sprinkle baking soda inside them and set them in the sun.... I have also heard that placing the shoes in the freezer overnight helps (the freezing kills the bacteria that causes the smell), though I have never tried this myself. Good luck.... nothing worse than smelly shoes!

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          ooh thanks, I hadn't heard about orange and lemon peel, or the freezer - I have tried the baking soda, but didn't think it worked very well (but that was without the sun!).

odor eaters foot powder. My hubs uses it daily for his work shoes. Ian’s shoes are so stinky in the summer if they get wet so I sprinkle it in then too.
        I make Ian wear socks unless he wears crocs or another sandal that has the same kind of anti microbial material.

Comment

• corrin
          corrin commented
          Editing a comment
          I've seen odor eaters in-soles, but not a powder, I'll have a look, thanks!
      Working...
      X