Sunshine!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunshine!!!

Man does some good ole vit D make me happy! We've had THE nicest weather the last few days! Today it's 60*!!! That's above normal for us this time of year, but even the upper 50's feels good after a long cold winter!

Yesterday the kids played outside ALL day & the hubs & I tackled some yard work. I tore out some ugly bushes that I've wanted to do since last spring & the hubby vacuumed all the gravel from our yard that the stupid landscaping company blew everywhere while 'sanding' the roads this winter. Yep- my husband was vacuuming the yard with the shop vac- you SHOULD have seen the neighbors faces when they drove by!!! It worked great though & hopefully we won't have to replace a mower blade or any windows once it's time to mow.

Anywho- Is it 'spring' where you are? What's your weather like? What is the first things you want to tackle this season!?

We had a beautiful Sunday but now rain is in the forecast for 7 days straight!!!
    -----KRISTA-----

Comment

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      We have rain coming too! Boo!

It's gorgeous here, temps in the mid 50s, a gentle breeze .... expecting mid-60s tomorrow and then yet another pattern shift and rain and maybe some snow Thursday/Friday.

My front yard desperately needs some TLC, and a nearly complete overhaul. We need to get rid of the grass that my husband is no longer interested in maintaining and do some xeriscaping instead, but until he and I can come to an agreement on what we want to do, nothing's going to happen. I also need to replace all the mulch my back yard, and sweep up all the little broken pieces of debris left over from when we had the windows replaced in January. Ugh.

You'll get a kick out of this, AmieN1: when I was a kid, I had a friend who was terrified of spiders, so pretty regularly her mom would vacuum all the exterior walls - the outside of the house!! - (with her indoor vacuum) - as well as all the rocks and chairs and stuff around the pool in their backyard. We did live in an area with brown recluse and black widow spiders, so it's not *quite* as crazy as it sounds, but still....

Comment

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol that's awesome! I would KILL him if he used my dyson!

Spring is here and in Texas that means plenty of beautiful wild flowers! I absolutely love March here - things are turning green, flowers are coming up, the sun is shining, and tornadoes aren't here quite yet!!
    Save
    Save

Comment

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yikes- I don't know about Tornadoes!

Oh yes, it is Spring here the daffodils are starting to bloom, and although we have had a little sunshine, it is still rather colder than I feel like it should be! The children broke up from school today, how does this weather forecast look for the school holiday!

Comment

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol I love that little emoji! We're in about the same boat now- although it is actually sorta sunny RIGHT now!

Not really spring here yet. Nor'easter recently with 4-6" of snow that melted within 24-48 hours ... 40-degree days and wet ... 70 yesterday ... and 70 this morning when I left for work (at 5 a.m. - WTH?!), then windy and rain this afternoon with temperatures still hovering around 65 'ish. Forecast is low- to mid-50's for the next week. I don't think Mother Nature quite knows which was is up right now here on the US east coast.

Comment

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol I totally don't envy ya'll over there! Today here is 60 & sunny so I'll take it! :D

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      AmieN1 -- 60 and sunny yesterday ... beautiful! Today, it's 10 a.m. and I don't think the sun is out yet ... overcast, grey, and looks like rain. *sigh* But then again, this is what Spring is like here. We won't get through the 'blah' weather for another month or so.
Working...
X