How do you move your photos over?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you move your photos over?

I JUST learned this week that I can view my camera photos on my iPhone and iPad via a Cannon connect app. This totally blew my mind! Now, I want to be able to move the photos off my SD card onto my computer wirelessly. At least I think I do. I typically just pop out my SD card and put it into the card reader. However, I seem to have a problem remembering to grab that same SD card and put it back into my camera. I don't want to admit how many times recently I have taken my camera somewhere only to realize I didn't bring the card. Yes, I should buy a new card and leave it somewhere as a backup, but I rarely bring a case unless we are traveling - and even then I leave the case in the hotel. Soooooo, how do YOU take your photos off your camera and if you do so wirelessly, can you tell me how???
    Save
    Save

Lightroom Mobile changed my life. Similar to how you do it I imagine- all wirelessly & SOOO easy! I have it set up to move my mobile photos straight to my EHD in the correty month/year folder. LOVE!

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      Seriously???? I have regular LR 6. I haven't wanted to update because I didn't want the montly fee. But if you are telling me mobile will transfer my photos, I'll have to investigate further. Can you tell me exactly how you do this? I need to see if it's something that's worth the fee or not. I don't do PS since that's waaaayyyy beyond me, but I love, love, love LR!

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      mocamom Seriously! You add your photos from your phone gallery to the lightroom app (you can even edit on the app as well as put in collections, etc, which I don't use much- but probably should!!) When you open your lightroom on your computer- it will sync! You have to set up mobile syncing & where you want them to sync & such- but it's SO easy after it's all set up. I even have mine to only sync over wifi.

I just connect the phone or camera to my desktop, so I'm no help there. But when I have to take out the SD card, I download the photos, clear off the card and put it straight back in the camera. Otherwise it'd get buried and forgotten.

Comment

• mocamom
      mocamom commented
      Editing a comment
      See Carrie, not only do I forget to put my SD card back into my camera, but I also can't find the connection cords. I really really need to organize my stash better!

I connect my camera to computer via USB and transfer photos via adobe bridge. I don’t use a USB card reader anymore. I have a really old camera and it doesn't support wireless SD cards.
    [STRONG]---------- MARIBEL ----------[/STRONG]

Comment

When I get home (or connect via wifi) my phone automatically uploads the images to dropbox and from there I get them on to the pc.

Comment

• mocamom
        mocamom commented
        Editing a comment
        How does this happen Stefanie?

I use a card reader for my Camera Photos and sync to Dropbox for my Phone Photos.
      -----KRISTA-----

Comment

Working...
      X