Weekend Plans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Plans

Does anyone have anything fun planned for this weekend? It is so hot and humid here that we stay indoors through the day and go out either early morning or later in the afternoon. Tomorrow we hope to go somewhere to photograph the sunrise and will probably try the local lake for a change. Apart from that is it late swimming in the pool.

What is everyone else up to?
    ]e

We’re expecting snow tomorrow so we have lots of indoor project planned. And maybe a bike ride before the weather turns.

Comment

• Amson
      Amson commented
      Editing a comment
      Snow sounds absolutely magical to me but I guess when you live in it it is not always so.

The storm that Carrie is expecting tomorrow is hitting us now, so we will probably stay close to home. My boys are dying to drive their trucks in the snow, so I should have some quiet time tomorrow.

My Gallery

Comment

• caliten
      caliten commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope that y'all leave some snow in those clouds for us! It's been abnormally dry here this winter, so we really, really need a couple of good dumpings.

Do your boys do RC trucks? My DH made a custom set of snow chains for our son's RC monster struck so that it could be driven in the snow and still get over just about any obstacle. Boys. Sigh.

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      caliten Right now it is dumping on us, which we also need desperately, but that doesn't mean that I like it. I would be more that happy to hope that it saves some snow for you too.

My 10 year old bought a RC Traxxas truck with some money that he has been saving for a while, and the two littles have the big metal Tonka dump trucks. That is so fun that your hubby made your son snow chains! I might have to suggest this to my husband.

• Amson
      Amson commented
      Editing a comment
      That really sound fun. Hope the boys enjoy themselves.

I'm planning to do some organizing in the house (we have family coming next weekend and maybe the Man's niece sleeping at our place, so we need to set up the guests bedroom) and scrapping. I also want to make a batch of yogurt (so that means going to the farm to pick up the milk) and friends coming tomorrow night to watch a soccer game and talk about vaping (our friend is trying to quit smoking). And that's it! LOL

Comment

• Amson
      Amson commented
      Editing a comment
      Guests organising sounds busy. I used to make yoghurt but stopped now that I don't eat dairy. I have switched to coconut yoghurt which is just as good and made just up the road from us.

• chloe
      chloe commented
      Editing a comment
      That's cool Amson. I'm trying to be a Zero Waster, so this is a good solution for me right now!

My middle child turns 8 so we will celebrating Saturday with her Friends from school with a Unicorn Party. We also have indoor soccer and flag football. I want to fit in some scrapbooking too!!
    -----KRISTA-----

Comment

• Amson
      Amson commented
      Editing a comment
      Unicorn party seems such fun. I look forward to seeing photos in the gallery :-)

We've had snow and cold weather all week with school closed for three days. The weekend will be back to our normal temperatures with the high tomorrow being 70! Crazy weather but we are going to enjoy getting out of the house this weekend. Going to look at some lakefront property.

Comment

• Hillary
      Hillary commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it is so crazy when weather flip flops like that, although it is nice to warm up after some cold weather.

We have my 6 yr old son's hockey tournament all weekend- thankfully it's a 'home' tourney for us so not far to travel- but game ~just~ far enough apart to be unable to come home but have to kill some time! Today we tried a new (yummy!) lunch place. We might go back there tomorrow depending on how the tourney results...

Comment

• Amson
      Amson commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope your son's team goes well. Hope the weather is kind to you. Standing on the sidelines can be miserable in freezing weather.

• AmieN1
      AmieN1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! And thankfully our home ice rink has a great indoor viewing area to stay warm in!

So sorry for all the icky weather people are experiencing (Carolyn, I talked to my Mum last night, and she said Canberra's been experiencing 38-40'ish - eek!) ... but hey, someone's gotta have the nice stuff, right? 60 and sunshine here in the DC/VA area. #donthate (of course, I'd love a foot of snow, instead!)

Comment

• Amson
      Amson commented
      Editing a comment
      You've lost me Kat DC/VA????? Yes my parents are in Canberra too and the weather has been hot. Western sydney was 45.1 C (113 F) one day last week.

• Kat Hansen
      Kat Hansen commented
      Editing a comment
      DC / VA - District of Columbia / Virginia ... kind of a regional thing where I live.
      Ouch!! 45 even for Sydney is hot!

• Amson
      Amson commented
      Editing a comment
      OK clear now :-)

We have been having some unusually high winds, and lots of drizzly rain, so it looks like our weekend plans will be mostly indoors! friday night I am going to my mum's house, as are all my sisters and brother, so I am really looking forward to that!

Saturday my son has football (or soccer), and after that we have no real plans - we might wander up to the sweetie shop and have a movie afternoon at home, snuggled up keeping warm and dry

Comment

Working...
    X